5. Home

The bus dropped me off at my stop and I leaped off. Forgetting about my injury and leaving with a smile. We talked all bus ride just laughing and talking about ourselves. I think he just felt really bad about hitting me with the door.

I walk up to my apartment and I see that the door is wide open. Scratches are marked on the key hole and I can see everything inside was thrown across the floor. I started to panic and I didn't know what to do. I slowly walked through the frame of the door. The floor creaked above me and I stopped in my tracks. Someone was upstairs. I tried quietly to place my backpack down and tiptoe to the kitchen for something sharp. Anything. Even a fork would help me in this situation. As I walked towards the kitchen, I could hear footsteps walking down the hall in a fast pace. I see someone on black turn to the stairs and as I see this person, without thinking, I bolted to the door. Which was very stupid because the stairs face the door. So this person saw me run. And he went after me. I heard footsteps behind me and I ran faster to the nearest house. But I bypassed it. I ran more. Trying to tire out this man. He seemed like he could go on forever. But my heart pumped with fear only helped me run longer.

We were running for about 5 minutes now. Why is he still coming after me? Why doesn't he just flee? This time, I'm actually going to go to the nearest house. I ran to the next house I saw. He was far behind me so I knew I would have time to knock on a door. I went up to a door and knocked repeatedly. After about 10 knocks the door swung open revealing a tall skinny man.

"Please let me in a man is chasing me, please!" I yelled. He frantically opened the door and let me in. Then he stared outside with fear. I looked over and the man was standing there about 20 feet away. Just staring. Tears started running down my face and my eyes burned. He shuts the door.

"Leraine! Call the cops now!" He yells towards the kitchen. A woman comes running into the living room.

"What why?" She said. She sees me and my tears. She asked what happened and he surprisingly said everything in a couple of words. She runs back to the kitchen and dials 9-1-1. Then I hear a voice from up the stairs. A familiar voice.

"Dad what's a going on?" Says the voice. I knew that voice! But I can't think of who it belongs to. The mother went upstairs and I heard voices. The father came to me and picked me up when I fell to the floor after crying. He put a blanket over me and set me on the couch.

"What exactly happened? Can you tell me?" He said to me calmly.

I nodded and stuttered from my tears but managed to get the words out.

"I came home from school and, and my door was open." As I was explaining what happened I couldn't help but over hear the upstairs conversation. They were saying how I was here. And he was asking for my image. What color hair and eyes. Does he know me too?

As I finished my story I could hear footsteps coming down stairs. Two people walk downstairs and I see the woman and....oh my god. It's Michael...

"Michael!" I said as I see his face coming down from the stairs.

"Oh my god, Faith! What happened?"