Lilly

He stared at me with that stupid look on his face.

"I-I-I...." He stuttered.

"Save your breath." I spat.

Waving my wand lazily, I sent Sirius plummeting onto the grass below him, where he stared at us.

I turned to walk back to the castle, passing Sirius and James on the way, but I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Lils, please! Give me a chance! Please!"

I turned around, finding myself nose to nose with James.

He began to lean in closer, but I saw that coming from a mile away.

"Expelliamus!"

With my wand, I sent James flying backwards into the grass, landing right beside Sirius on the ground.

Before leaving for the castle, I looked James in the eye and said,

"We will never be together. We will never be 'a thing'. Never, in my life, will I ever love you. End. Of. Story."

---

Later that evening, I was walking with my best friend, Areah, to dinner in the great hall, where I told her everything that had happened between James and I.

"Well... at least you got out of the way before... you know... he could... kiss you!" Areah exclaimed as we entered the Great Hall and sat at the Gryffindor table.

"Talk about it." I said, resting my chin on my hand, causing my elbow to go into the mashed potatoes.

"Fantastic," I muttered, using a napkin to remove the potatoes from my elbow.

Areah was set off, laughing and laughing. She laughed so hard that her pumpkin juice came out her nose.

"Fantastic! I agree!"

I continued eating my delicious grilled chicken, when Areah said,

"Oh, don't look now...."

I turned around to see James, Sirius, and their other two friends, Remus and Peter, walking into the great hall.

"Let's go," I said.

Then we swiftly walked out of the Great Hall (strategically dodging James),and headed for Gryffindor tower.

A while after, Areah and I were sitting in two armchairs in front of the fireplace inside Gryffindor tower. I was working on an essay for Professor Slughorn, our potions master, while Areah doodled hearts with A+R inside of them on her Defence Against the Dark Arts textbook.

"I support you and all," I said to Areah. "But it's never gonna happen. You'll never get Remus to go out with you... for personal reasons...."

I'd know of Remus' issue with being a werewolf for ages. I'd overheard James and Sirius talking about how close it was to the full moon, and that they needed to be careful about getting Remus out of the castle. Of corse, I easily put those puzzle pieces together.

That's why Remus is so careful about not falling in love that easily. He doesn't want to hurt anyone.

"C'mon, Wormtail. Back off me for one second, will you?"

I heard James' voice enter the room.

"Lilly! Lils! Hey, Lilly!"

James ran up to my chair.

"So, I was thinking... maybe you and I could-"

"Shut up, James," I said harshly. "Like I said three hours ago, never."

I stood up from my chair.

"I believe I have some Ancient Runes homework to get to."

James placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We both know you don't take Ancient Runes."

I slapped James on the head with my potions essay.

"You creep!"