Milkshakes and Models

Michelle's P

Michelle's P.O.V

I hummed to myself as I showered. With my hair smelling like flowers, roses to be exact, I stepped out onto a towel and dried my hair.

Quickly, I braided two braids so when my hair dried I could have beautiful beach waves instead of my usual boring asian-straight hair. Also, I DID NOT want to use those hair curling contraptions, I've watched far too many hair fail compilations on YouTube to actually be dumb enough to try it. Yes, I know it doesn't always burn your hair off, but if I did it, it would probably set my whole dorm on fire.

Singing along to Halsey in my retarded dolphin voice, I danced around the room picking out an outfit that was worthy of 100 likes on my Instagram.

Opening my closet with flair, I almost decapitated myself because that door went way to close to my face.

Now, should I look like I tried or should I look like I didn't try but actually did?

Second suggestion, final answer. I grabbed a cerulean blue sweatshirt off a hanger and threw it on my bed. Unfortunately my dorm room weather app said that it was going to be windy today so my top flew to the ground. Definitely wasn't my terrible aim or anything.

I took black leggings from off my shelf and a Letterman jacket from a hanger. I don't actually know why I have one because I don't participate, fantasize, or indulge myself in optional athletic activities.

Putting on my clothes, I looked in the mirror and struck ten to many cringeworthy poses. I took out my braids and my hair was now officially in sexy beach waves that I can usually only daydream about. Now I don't have to because here, live and in person, was me with waves even the ocean envies. Ha ha, suck it. The ocean's probably so salty right now. Or maybe it's because the land never waves back. Gosh, no, PUNS, UGH.

Waltzing into the bathroom, I opened my make-up bag with a bunch of probably expired face products, but I didn't care because I was to lazy to walk to Target.

Now what was it again? Foundation, contour, bronzer. . . wait, were contour and bronzer the same things? How do I contour again? Do I even have any cheekbones to contour? Maybe some mascara, I need them lashes. But, I was probably gonna poke myself in the eye. . .

5 Minutes Later. . .

I looked at the mirror, widening my eyes so I looked like an owl. Trying not to viciously stab myself in my eyeball with my brush, I made a lot of weird expressions in the mirror. Now, time for the brows. You see us asians, the eyebrows, they're not there. Filling in my brows like a child with a coloring book, I was finally able to apply some lip gloss that cost me $666.69.

I stared at my reflection and struck a ton of unnecessary poses. I looked so good, and my eyes actually looked big for once, yet my ego was still bigger.

Showing off my fabulous outfit, hair, and can't say the same for my face, I walked through the city.

Bright lights from homes were now illuminating the town. Couples were walking in the dimly lit pools of light from the old lamplights, tired adults were driving home after a long day at the office, and the lights from children's rooms were turned off but you could still see the glow of their phones shining through the curtains. I wish I had a phone when I was that young. My sneakers were silent when hitting the concrete sidewalk. The honks of horns, and the footsteps of feral cats filled my ears as I walked into the Historical District.

When I arrived at the corner of Carrillo and Thorne, all of the noises of cars were faint and distant. Cars were replaced with people who were walking and laughing. Huge malls were now small boutiques and supermarkets were replaced with food stands.

And I couldn't help but notice that McDonald was replaced with a cute little 1960s shop that housed people of all ages and of course milkshakes.

Maybe I would see Scott again, highly unlikely. It was probably a one time thing. Maybe he went to Jamba Juice or something.

I opened the glass door once again and scanned the area where the bar stools were located. Walking over to one at the end, I sat down, now searching for a familiar face.

Feeling the presence of someone now sitting besides me, I turned to confront them. Instead of an unknown human, I found myself face-to-face with a smiling, raven-haired, amber-eyed, boy.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Note-Current Mood: 😌

Yeah yeah, I know, no author's note to end the last chapter. Blah blah 😛 Sue me.

Anyways, short chapter to leave all you readers hanging. I was going to type losers but I didn't want to lose you.

770 WORDS