Milkshakes and Mates

Michelle's P

Michelle's P.O.V

I was still astonished, he kissed me. Scott Chazan actually kissed me, but we aren't exactly "official."

I was still feeling dazed, but I had to snap out of it. My parents are having dinner with me and apparently that's a privilege. So, according to my resources, my mom, I should dress nice "for once."

Brushing out my long, black hair, I glanced at my phone which hasn't pinged with a text message from Scott all day. I sighed, if this is a one night stand I swear. Except, it didn't exactly last one night, and we didn't participate in sexual intercourse, so I guess it's not exactly a one night stand.

Putting on a baby pink dress  and strappy, black heels, I must admit, I looked semi-stunning. Now, my mother's either going to say that the dress is too short so I'd attract all the men in the world or the dress is too long and that I would get no men. This woman is ending my life for me.

I pocketed my phone and walked out of the dorm room. It's been unusually quiet for the past two days because Katie hasn't been in our room for a while now. Was she finding herself some romance?

I waved to people who knew me, but I didn't know like half of them, and walked to my car. 

As I was turning on the engine, my phone pinged and I hurriedly grabbed it from my purse.

From Vik:

Are you going to the party at the Hellman Sorority House tonight? If you are, Ana and I can pick you up.

I sighed, expecting it to be Scott. How does one kiss another person and not text them at least an emoji?

To Vik:

Sorry, dinner with my parents. Maybe next time.

I silenced my phone because I knew it was going to distract me from driving and threw it back in my bag. It's not like it costed $200 or anything.

I drove across the city and finally swerved into my parents' driveway. My mom came outside immediately and tapped on my window, scaring the literal tofu out of me.

"Mom," I hissed while rolling down my window, "You scared me."

"Hello to you too Michelle. I'm glad to see that my first, and only, daughter remembers not only her manners but how to respect her elders as well." She directioned a fake smile towards me and waved with her long fingers pettily in my direction.

In response, I glared back and took my purse from the passenger seat. "Hello mother," I seethed as I got out of the car.

"Hello to you as well Michelle," she greeted while tucking a strand of dark, ravenous, hair behind her ear. She motioned for me to go inside the house. "Your father's waiting, he's very excited to see you."

We walked inside the home and the autumn air was replaced with the warmth of several fireplaces. I walked to the living area and saw my dad mumbling about something on his phone. Nine times out of ten, it's usually a news report.