Milkshakes and Mint Green Envelopes

Michelle's P.O.V

I walked out of my room and onto the campus. The fact that silence was non-exsistent didn't disturb me because it drowned out my thoughts so they couldn't get to me. I paced around the courtyard, around groups of people, buildings, and wildlife. 

I took a seat on a wooden bench under the shade of a palm tree and let go of a long sigh. I shouldn't have gotten so attached, the relationship Scott and I shared wasn't bound to last. We only met up three times anyways. 

Looking off into the distance, I couldn't help but wonder, can't you mend broken hearts? Scott fixed mine, and now he was left heart-broken. My heart was also a bit shattered, but I could still mend his.

Jumping up because of my brilliant idea, I rushed back to my dorm room. He fixed my heart and I'll return the favor. 

I threw open the wooden door and closed it loudly. I pushed back my desk chair, the metal scraping the floorboards while doing the action, and I rummaged through my drawers to find some stationary. 

After picking some mint green and white paper with a matching envelope, I took out a black pen and started writing quickly. If I was fast enough, I could run to the shoppe and catch him on one of his later shifts.

Dear Scott,

     It's me, Michelle Wong. I know we haven't been in love forever and I know we haven't known each other for decades, but please hear me out. Lorenzo and I aren't in a relationship, but we might be forced to get one soon. I hope, with all of my heart that our parents will drop the whole marriage thing and we could become a couple. You, me, and fried Starbucks. 

    It might be too soon to say this, but I love you. And you know what? Fuck what Viktoriya said to me because happily ever afters do exsist, and hopefully I get to spend one with you.

Love, Michelle

I reread the letter and folded it in half to place in the mint green envelope. I sealed it shut and placed it in my floral printed backpack.

Throwing open my dorm door once again, I ran outside to the historic distric. My feet were going as fast as they could. I would've caught a bus, but those things don't arrive on time and traffic was to jammed for me to drive. 

I jogged on the pavement, ducking our of pedestrian's way. I ran into a flock of pigeons that flew away once I reached their inner circle. Crossing through sidewalks and inching through small cracks in groups of people, I made it to the place where I first met him. Mom and Pop's Milkshake Shoppe.

I opened the door carefully once again, a wave of nostalgia hitting me like a truck. I haven't been gone for long, but it still impressed me just like the first time. With the jukebox and the old fashioned tiles down to the black and white pictures on the wall and sweet scent of whipped cream. Every single detail here made me smile, especially the black head of hair that was behind the counter.

I sneaked torwards the counter, avoiding customers and employees. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Scott come over to the cash register.

Swiftly, I put the envelope next to the machine and hurried away to the front door. The bell jingled it's tune as I headed out of the shoppe once again.

• • • • • • • • • •

Scott's P.O.V

Wiping down the last cup, I placed it into it's space in the cabinet and made my way to the register. 

My eyes spied long, black hair that went as fast as quick as it had come. My mouth opened to say some words, but the person was out the door and running down the sidewalk.

I checked the cash register thoroughly to make sure no money was stolen and a wave of relief hit me as I counted the $109.37 that was thankfully still in there. 

I was about to go to the back room until a mint green colored envelope caught my eyes. I picked up the piece of stationary gingerly and turned it around in my hands.

Slowly, I made my way over to the break room and sat on one of the plush, black couches. Still looking at the envelope in my hands, I slowly broke the seal that would reveal whatever was inside it.

I opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of white and mint green paper with neat, but effortless looking handwriting scrawled all over it. My eyes read every single word, and then reread it again. From the dear to the Michelle, I looked at every single letter and pronounced every single syllable carefully in my head.

I sat up straight, and quickly reached for my phone that was inside my back pocket. I scrolled through my messages and unblocked Michelle Wong and typed up a message. Feeling satisfied after the process of rereading and rewriting everything I just typed, I pressed the send button. 

Author's Note

Another chapter for all of you! Hope you liked the update! This is the second to last chapter, I hope all of you guys are excited for the ending!

902 WORDS