I Don't Need You Anymore

"You said we're almost there." Tyra complained.

"We are, but you keep slowing us down." Xander retorted.

They kept swimming down deeper into the abyss. Tyra started to wonder if they were ever going to reach the entrance.

She snorted. "Excuse me?! I'm the one slowing us down? Listen Mr. I Think I'm Better Than Everybody, I am still new about this. I admit, you're clearly a faster swimmer than I am. You also have much more endurance than I do, but I can't help if I gawk at every interesting I see. I've never been this far down the ocean. So I suggest you shut up."

Xander threw his hands up in defense and clamped his mouth shut. They both swam in silence.

After a few moments Tyra said, "So, are we there yet?"

Xander ignored her and sighed. The temperature around them started to drop, and Tyra found herself squinting through the dark. "I'm being serious, are we there yet? It's so dark and cold."

He suddenly stopped causing Tyra to bump into him.

"Stop complaining! I'm sick of hearing your whining! Throughout the entire trip I've put up with it, and I can't anymore! Remind me who insisted that I should go?"

Tyra listened to Xander, anger boiling up inside. "Me."

"Exactly. I didn't want to do this, but I still agreed to go because-"

Tyra slapped him. "Because what? You said so yourself, you didn't want to go. So why are you still here? Go if you want, I'm not stopping you. I'll find Tidal and complete this stupid prophecy myself."

"If you think this prophecy is so stupid why do keep insisting that you fulfill it?"

Tyra paused, her heart hammering against her chest. "You wouldn't understand. So do me a favor and leave."

"Fine. Hope you make it alive." Xander swam up until he was no longer seen.

A guilty feeling started sinking into her stomach, but she pushed it away. She fished inside her backpack and pulled out a flashlight. Once she could see the environment, Tyra continued her journey.

*******

After a few moments, she paused to take a break. "This is torture," she said out loud. "Where the heck is Tidal?!"

Tyra threw her flashlight at a nearby rock. She expected the sound of a breaking flashlight, but instead heard the sound of stone moving. Curious, she moved towards the stone. The stone had an unnatural marking-a trident. A voice inside her head told Tyra that this was the entrance. She pushed the marking and braced herself for some magic. Strangely, nothing happened. Tyra tried again, this time pushing the rock. Nothing.

It is all an illusion.

"Who said that?"

Her eyes were blinded with a bright light. Once her vision returned, she was able to see what, or who caused it.

"Phoenix!"

The lady on fire nodded at her. It's an illusion.

"What's the illusion?" Tyra asked eagerly.

The rock. It's not actually there.

"If it isn't, then how come I'm not able to get through it? I know this is where the gateway to Tidal is. So why can't I get in?"

Phoenix drew closer to Tyra and the entrance. Because you believe it's there. Why do think no human ever saw this?

"'Cause no human could go this far down to the sea?"

Well, yes. But also, all humans see is just a rock. They don't realize that this just like a hologram.

"So all I gotta do is pretend it's not there, and I'm in Tidal?"

Don't pretend. Know it's not there. Believe Tyra. You have a lot to learn about the Three Kingdoms. You missed a lot of training, but I can tell you the first thing you have to do is believe it. Everything starts with that spark of hope.

Tyra nodded and envisioned the space being free of the stubborn stone. She imagined the portal right behind it. When she opened her eyes, the trident marking was glowing brightly. The rock started to dissolve into tiny bubbles until it was no longer there. It revealed a...door.

It was turquoise with a green accent and on it was a trident. It was floating around with no door frame. It seemed to lure her in.

See, it worked.

Tyra turned around and smiled at Phoenix. "Thank you so much!"

Her eyes were blinded once again when Phoenix disappeared into a puff of fiery smoke. She grabbed the doorknob and slowly opened the door. Without getting to see what the gate led to, an invisible force pulled her in slamming the door shut behind Tyra. It pushed her toward at what seems to be at 1,500 miles per hour. Things around her became a blur as she whooshed through. It came to an abrupt stop when she hit a mermaid.

"Are you okay?" A male voice asked her. Tyra nodded, her head still spinning.

"I'm perfectly fine-" She was cut off as she fell to the ground, darkness closing in on her.

*******
And I'm back! Sorry for not updating for the past millennium. However, it's summer vacation now so expect more updates. Thank you for giving this book and 35 votes! XD