Go! Run!

Subsequently after we got home and shortly after dinner, I went into my room to get the things Max bought for me. I went out with my stuff and sat by James who helped me set up everything, and taught me how everything worked. I signed up to a few social media apps which I thought was amazing. Having the ability to connect with anyone around the world at any time was mind blowing to me. 

After James taught me everything I needed to learn, I noticed Samantha was talking to someone over the phone, she looked mad. Max and James started to find a video games to play, and Jayden was reading a book. Anera and Karson were talking, when she saw me she grabbed Karson and gave him a kiss. I shrugged and looked outside the window, and focused on convenient store where I found Max. I kept staring at the alleyway, my intuition told me to go in there.

I came back to my consciousness and looked over to Central Park. I wanted to go and explore so I decided to go on a mini adventure by myself. I grabbed my phone and earbuds. I changed my clothes so they were all black, and took Karson's leather jacket with me. I headed out the door until Jayden called my name.

"Karma, where are you going?"

"Out to check out the forest."

"Here, take my poket knife, and be careful."

"Thanks and I will, I'll be back soon."

He threw the knife and I caught it. I opened the door and closed it behind me. Putting in my earbuds, I started listening to the band Starset. I got off the elevator and walked towards the door. The weather was still gloomy, but at least it wasn't raining anymore. I walked across the street and entered the park. It was green, and it had a creepy mysterious vibe going due to gloominess. I loved the chilly wind going through my hair and hitting my face. I climbed a few of the trees, since practically no one was there to judge me. I got on to a branch stable enough to hold me. I gazed up taking in the surreal view, and admiring the old large buildings. I wondered what the history of some of the buildings held. 

 I clicked out of my thoughts to someone crying in frustration. I quietly hoped off and silently sprinted towards the source of the sound. I was surprised to see Karson there. He looked beat up and done with everything. He took off his sweater, showing off his scars that were all over his arms. He buried his face into his hands. I kept my distance from him and sat down across from him, but behind the tree. I gazed at his beauty, everything about him was so perfect to me. He was like a lost fragile soul trying to find some sort of meaning in life. I focused too hard on him, and he looked up and saw me. 

"W..what are you doing here?" He asked trying to hold back his tears. 

My heart jumped when he spoke to me. I sighed at my stupidity for getting too focused on him.I walked over to him and sat right in front of him. "Why do you do this?" I asked hinting towards his scars. 

"I have no one."

"Don't you love Anera?"

"I thought I did, but I guess I've lost her, and myself."

"What happened?"

"I..I forgot how to love I guess. And no one really loved me anyways."

His emotions shifted towards anger and more frustration. I moved a little, now sitting right beside him. I rested my head on his shoulder, looking up at his perfectly symmetrical face. 

"Go, run, as far as you can from her." he whispered to me.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because there's a monster inside of me. There's someone controlling me, and I can't fight back. Please go I don't want to hurt you."

"I'm not leaving."

"I need help I don't know how to get the voices to stop."

"Voices?"

"The voices in my head... ugh nevermind I told you I was crazy."

"I don't care, tell me how to help."

"I-I don't know I just need help."

Just when I was about to reply the sharp pain came back leaving me with agony. It hasn't happened since I woke up from the alleyway. It hurt so much. I grabbed my head and my vision began to get blurry. Karson was shaking me trying to get up.

I felt like I was in another world, my thoughts were clear and I felt controlled by something. Or was I not controlled? I immediately felt the urge to kill? No, that can't be right. I felt as if another side of me was becoming more dominant. But if felt good. Taking that life made me feel different, made me feel satisfied. No..No this can't be happening it has to be wrong this can't be real.

I heard Karson yelling my name.

"Karma! Karma! Get up please!"

I woke up. Looking at him confused.

"W-what happened?" He asked hugging me hard.

" I had a vision slash dream... I don't know how to describe it."

"Wait was it you feeling like a weird version of yourself is controlling you?"

"Yes, how'd you know?"

"Because I've been having those for a while."

"Seems like we both have something in common."

"Actually we all do, everyone in that apartment."

"Really?"

"Karma, I need to ask you something serious." He looked into my eyes, I could see that whatever he wanted to ask me was important.

"Please, will you become mine? I know that we've just met and everything. But I feel like we have a connection, that we can help each other out of this hell."

I looked down and thought for a moment.

"Of course, I promise to stay as long as you stay."

"Good, I don't plan on leaving."

"But why me?"

"Like I said, relate to me, you stayed and listened, you've done more good to me in the first two days we met, than those who knew me from childhood."

He got up and pulled me up with him, following into a sweet warm hug. 

"I want to show you something Karma." 

AN//

I edited and posted this chapter kinda early for my new friend The_Crimson_Rose because she loved book so far. You should check our her account and read 'The Thin Silver Line Between Heaven and Hell.' It's really good so far, and I highly recommend it. I hope that everyone else is enjoying this story so far. If you have any future suggestions for stories or art pieces hit me up on here or on my Instagram. ~S.S.K.S