The Father Figure

I was panicking. Why was there blood all over me? I wiped my mouth with the tissues that Max handed over to me.

"What just happened?" He asked worryingly.

"I don't know, I guess it was from the weird dreams I had."

"What weird dreams?"

"I have no idea how to explain them."

He stayed silent and started speeding.

"What are you doing?"
No reply. He went into the underground parking and parked his car. Jayden was right behind us and parked beside of us.

"Are you trying to kill the pedestrians?" jayden asked Max

He just shrugged. Jayded looked over at me.

"Whats up with him?" then he looked at me covered in blood, "more importantly, what's up with you?"

"She started coughing up blood. Because of her dreams." Max finally spoke.

"Dreams, are you sure?"

"Quit fooling around." Max said to Jayden

"Karma what happened to you?" Valentine said getting out of the car."

"Nothing to be worried about." I said smiling to her.

"Here take my jacket, you can't go in looking like you killed someone." Max smiled a bit and gave me his jacket and went to get the bags full of our things. Jacob did too.

"Okay follow me." Jayden said

We followed him inside. We didn't get too see the main lobby, we just headed straight towards the elevator. We walked to our room and Jayden opened up the door.

It was big, very big. There was even an upstairs. Everything looked beautiful and amazing.

We chose our rooms and settled down. Max went into the office and set up the map of New York city.

"What are you doing Max?"

"Pinning down where the shapeshifters were."

He placed a red pin onto where the first apartment was, one where the mansion was, and another in Jacobs safehouse.

Jayden came in and started printing documents. He took them all and placed them up on a magnetic board.

"Here are the documents of Malaria, James, Samantha, Karson, and Anera." He said

Max and I took a seat to listen, Jacob joined us too.

"These five came to New York from Iowa. Same city, same place. They were all friends throughout childhood, and get this. Each of their parents died from car crashes, at the young age of three. The weird part is, they were all adopted by the same person. The guy we call the father figure."

We exchanged concerned looks.

"Where did you get all this information?" Jacob asked

"My brother's working on it."

"Wait all car crashes at the age of three?" it sounded familiar to me.

"Jacob how old was Valentine when you and Malaria found her?"

"Three, she said her parents were in a car accident."

"So why did Malaria get Valentine instead of giving it to her father figure?" Max asked

"Well, Malaria was the guys first adoption." Jayden added "I think he wanted her to try turning Valentine into a shifter."

"That makes sense, Max and I heard she was going to turn her and Jacob."

"Well now we got rid of her, you guys think James and Samantha are now in this?" Jacob asked.

"Not only them, but there could be others. Who knows how many people James and Samantha told." Jayden said.
"Great that's just what we needed." Max replied burying his face into his hands.