8- "Sounds like a group"

Ayu

II Semester

History has always been my field of interest aside from engineering. So when I saw world history, I was very happy. This subject mainly talks about the history behind the famous monuments around the world and culture. But sadly I was the only one of the few students from the class who opted for this subject. None of my known friends were in this class. Well no problem I convince myself, I can always make one friend atleast.

My first class.

I'm 10 minutes late but thankfully the teacher allows me in without complaining. I look around and find an empty seat besides a classmate of mine I barely talk to. Her name is Ashima. I sit next to her and pass a smile but she simply looks at me with an odd look in her face.

"Are you scorpio by any chance?"

"Yeah...how did you figure it out?" she asks bewildered.

"My observation I guess." I say trying to hide my amusement. We speak nothing else after that.

Second class.

"Sorry for the intrusion Ashima but it looks like this seat next to you will always be empty... I mean reserved for me. So don't mind me sitting here." I say blissfully while Ashima gives a clueless look.

"No I don't mind but I'm curious...why next to me?" she says raising a brow at me.

"Well... I like to see you annoyed."

"Huh!?" she widens her eyes, surprised.

"Yeah that look." I point my finger towards her and start to giggle. She continues with that frowning look on her face throughout the class.

But surprisingly, she spoke to me after the class was over even though it was only related to the subject. We are walking down the hallway when I see a familiar back of a man at some distance. I recognize him right away and call his name......

In the next class I sit with Ashima as usual. She didn't frown this time and I'm glad about that. Just then Jamie and his friend Zen arrive. I watch him as he smiles and points his finger in my direction. The two of them occupy their seats besides us and greet Ashima and me. In the next three weeks the four of us get along with each other and become good friends. We even hang out for a quick snack after class. I got to know about both Ashima and Zen. Zen lives in Delhi with his family having one sister 5 years younger than him. Unlike Jamie he doesn't seem to be the carefree or the flirty type. He doesn't have a girlfriend either. Says he will only go for it if he finds the right one and marry that one girl.

Ashima also lives here and has one elder brother. At first I thought she was reserved but she seems to be getting along just fine. She is a diehard fan of Bollywood actor Salman Khan and always keeps his wallpaper in her mobile.

One fine day the four of us were sitting on the far right corner of the class when we saw a short hair girl wearing glasses sitting on a seat next to us. She seems to be doing something under the desk. When we look closer she is playing games on her PSP. Ashima and I resume ourselves taking notes in the class but Jamie and Zen take a seat on either side of her instead and watch her play her game. The girl however continues her game unfazed by their presense.

"Dude what do you think?" Jamie asks Zen in a low voice ignoring the girl sitting in the middle of them.

"Looks like a RPJ game...Guild Wars maybe." Zen points out.

"Idiot, it can't be Guild Wars I know that game very well."

"This actually looks like a old RPJ game, but it's good."

"Yeah you're right... hey look out.. oh shit!" Jamie says out loud followed by Zen but the teacher doesn't look back.

"Are you stupid or what? At least keep it quiet." Ashima warns them off. I facepalm. Didn't knew that they were game fans too.

They sit besides the girl for the rest of the class watching her play while she just behaves as if they weren't even there. After the class those two go after her and ask her about the game she was playing but she ignores again.

"Aren't you being a little too rude? Or do you have the habit of ignoring people around you." I say bluntly standing behind her. She simply stops walking but still doesn't respond. What's her problem?

Zen gives me a reassuring look and then stands in front of the rude girl. "Just tell us the name of the game you were playing. We won't disturb you further, I promise." He says giving her an apologetic smile.

"Pretty please." Jamie begs.

The rude girl looks at us blankly and then looks sideways. "Ultima 4, Q-Qu.. Quest of the Avatar. It's just one of the rare versions of Ultima." She says softly.

Oh she really spoke! We all stare at her in wonder.

"Whoa! That's like a very old game. I did heard of it somewhere." Jamie says trying to recall.

"Where did you get it from?" Zen asks curious.

"From a friend..... I can give it to you if you want for a while." She says in a serious tone.

"Would you really? Thanks a lot." Jamie says giving her a wide smile while she lends them her PSP CD of that game.

After that the boys talk to her discussing about the game while I and Ashima are just walking behind them. From what I hear she seems to be a hard-core gamer herself. I guess I misjudged her. We all walk together and reach the college gates.

"Oh sorry my bad we didn't even introduced ourselves. I'm Jamie and this idiot is Zen and...." He points out to us girls. "You can just ignore them. What's yours?" "Hey. That's rude Jamie." Ashima shouts glaring at him.

The rude girl turns around facing the long stretched road ahead of her. "Lynda." She whispers and walks away.

And so in the same class next day, the same routine follows. But this time she doesn't ignore them completely. After class I and Ashima take the chance to talk to her properly. We come to know that Lynda is the only daughter in her family and lives with her parents and grandparents. That might explain her introvert nature. She didn't hang out with us for long though and soon left.

But in a funny way she became a part of our group as well. Little by little she is starting to open up to us which is good. Somehow I get the feeling that we all are going to get along well and become good college friends.

This chapter just tells us about the friends she makes during this class (besides Jamie ofc). This was necessary but we will get back to the story in the next chapter. Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with the periodical exams lately.

Take care everyone and don't forget to comment and vote. You guys make my day. :)