48- "I will do it for you."

AYU

Jamie had arranged us to meet at Ashima's house during the evening. I agreed right away as I was already staying at Ashima's house so I'll save myself from going anywhere. Morever, Ashima's parents weren't here so we have the privacy to ourselves. Jamie will have no problem in talking about anything here. I was starting to feel anxious and tensed. Ever since this morning after Lynda's marriage, I have been waiting crazy for evening to come, for Jamie to tell me the truth and now he's late... As usual.

Finally after half an hour, he arrived. "Fuck, I'm sorry. Actually, I met Vick in the afternoon so I just lost track of the time." Jamie said with an apologetic smile.

"It's okay. You must be meeting him after a long time." I said remembering about my meeting with Martha three days ago.

Jamie, Ashima and I had a little conversation over a cup of tea after which Ashima excused herself and went to her room. Since Ashima's apartment was on the top most floor so they had the terrace all to themselves. We went to the terrace and stood watching the view of the busy skyline before us. Few crows and pigeons came by, quenching their thirst from the water kept in a big bowl for them. I was starting to grow impatient with the ever growing silence but I understood how difficult it was for him to say it so I waited. I heard him sigh and swallowed in anticipation.

"Raghav... He gave me two options... It was either being with you or... Or my father's business." He spoke slowly .

I looked at him wide-eyed. "Your father's business... What? That doesn't make any sense." I asked with my brows creased.

"I know right." He closed his eyes for a moment. "That's what I thought... At first I couldn't believe it. I thought he was joking. He had nothing to do with my father or his work. He never met him either. Even then he was able to get a hold of my father's business. He had planned on this all along." Jamie let out a sarcastic laugh.

"But how?" I asked, my voice shaking. If I remember correctly his father is an entrepreneur who is running a branch of IT business.

(IMP NOTE EVERYONE: There is a bit of a change that I made. If you might remember I mentioned that Jamie's Dad did marketing share and co-operative type of business in Chapter 15. I know you might not remember it well because it was way before haha! Well that didn't make much sense so I'm changing that.)

Jamie stared at the ground, his face sad. "He told me that while we were dating here, unaware of the circumstances that was to follow he was busy planning something, something that would get me off the hook. He said I didn't had anything on myself so I wasn't an option to him. So-" Jamie trailed off.

"He chose your father." I finished the sentence for him getting angry by the minute.

"Raghav had a friend or so he said. That friend was already going abroad. Er... I don't recall his name properly. His name started with M. Anyway, he requested M to go to Australia and somehow get into my Dad's office as an employee. M accepted Raghav's request right away since M owe him one. M was good in management and computers so he easily got the job." Jamie started explaining.

Owe him? I understood what that meant. Raghav must have helped M in solving his case at some point or something more than that since Raghav is a lawyer. "Does M still work on your father's office?" I asked.

"No, infact M only worked in Dad's office for six months. I clarified that when I was searching for information about M."

"Huh? But I don't get it. If M wanted to get a hold of the business or any important information, he couldn't have simply gained that by working only for six months. Unless he hacked your data." I said getting a bit confused.