2

j e n n i e

j e n n i e

The rest of the night was awkward, to say the least. Occasionally, I would catch him staring at me, and vice versa. It took everything in me not to ask why he was on the streets. I gave him time to clean up, provided him with shirts - shirts that belonged to my boyfriend, Jimin, since I had nothing else to replace his blood-soaked ones. I had a guilty, uncomfortable feeling nag at me after doing this, but I convinced myself I wasn't doing anything wrong. After all, it wasn't as if I was cheating on Jimin. I would never.

Taehyung and I made small talk, but would mostly keep to ourselves. I indulged myself in my homework the rest of the night, making it a goal to finish all my assignments before I slept. I liked the feeling of accomplishment I got when finishing all my homework before the weekend started.

The rest of the night went by without a hitch. Before I knew it, I was done with my homework. The clock read 11pm. I internally praised myself.

I decided to get ready for bed since the caffeine was already starting to lose its effect on me. I went to the bathroom to shower, wash my face and change into my pajamas. While I was blow-drying my hair, a muffled scream came from the bedroom. Taehyung's bedroom.

My heavy, drooping eyelids shot open. In a swift movement, I turned the hairdryer off and rushed to the room, not even bothering to knock.

To my relief, Taehyung wasn't being abducted. I presumed he was having a nightmare, from the way he was thrashing around vigorously. I rushed to his side and tried to wake him up by shaking his sweaty shoulders. Wrong move.

He immediately stopped thrashing around. His eyes shot open in an uncontrollable rage, and he instinctively swung an arm at my face, knocking me over. I was thrown to the other side of the room, eyes wide in shock. I laid there for a while, still trying to comprehend what was going on. All I had done was shake Taehyung's shoulders in an attempt to wake him up from a nightmare. I didn't receive that kind of response when I did that to Jimin.

Then, I realised they weren't the same person, and perhaps Taehyung didn't respond well to being woken up. 

But, what could he have been dreaming about?

I shook the thought away just as Taehyung regained posture and realised what was going on. He got down to where I was and peered at me, probably inspecting me for any injuries or wounds. Luckily, all I had was a tiny bruise. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, Jennie. Are you okay?"

I sat up, rubbing my bruise and nodding my head. "What about you? What was going on? You were screaming and thrashing around... are you okay?"

"Don't worry about me. Let's get this bruise treated."

He pulled me up and sat me down on the couch. I wondered for a brief second where he went when he returned with an ice pack in hand.