5

j i m i n

j i m i n

I planned to surprise Jennie today.

Just two days ago, I had confessed my love to her. Obviously, she already knew I loved her with all my heart. But, she needed to know more.

Jennie was the light of my life. She brought me up when I was down, lent me a shoulder to cry on when no one else would, gave me a hand when I needed it. I knew she was the one.

Even though the fact that she had an attractive guy living in her house perturbed me, I brushed it off. I knew Jennie wouldn't cheat on me. I just knew.

I wasn't going to propose yet. However, I knew I would, one day. My plan - if everything went well between us - was to graduate, get stable jobs, marry then move into a house together. God was the pencil that drew the world. Jennie was the highlighter that made it brighter.

I smiled to myself, thinking about it as I drove to her house. I had flowers and a teddy bear tucked safely in the back seat. I intended on taking her out today, even though she said she had to study. She consistently scored close to a 100 - I thought one day off would do little harm.

Little did I know what would await me only a few hours later.

***

When I arrived at Jennie's apartment complex, I got out of the car, flowers and teddy bear in hand, only to spot her a few metres away, getting into her own car. Bewildered, I I resisted the temptation to call her, as I figured she already had plans for something else. However, when I asked her whether she was free the other day, she told me the only plans she had made were to study. Where could she possibly be off to?

I considered my options. She was still pretty new to the area - I had been studying here for around a year. Furthermore, she was a shy person and hadn't forged any new friendships so far. Hence, she couldn't be meeting up with a friend. That left me with the option of her going to Busan for a short getaway trip. That couldn't be it, though. She told me she'd go with me, if she wanted to.

So, where was she going to?

Curiosity overwhelmed me and I decided to follow her. I got into the car, driving a few cars behind her.

~ A WHILE LATER ~

After much driving, her car finally parked into the car park of the amusement park.

What could she be doing here?

She got out of the car, locking it. No, that's not right. She got out of the car with someone, locking it. And, not just any someone. 

Taehyung himself. 

The guy she had took in from the streets. I was starting to wonder whether I should have trusted her so much. I internally slapped myself for doubting my girlfriend for a year and the proclaimed 'light of my life'.

Maybe it was all a huge misunderstanding. Maybe I was just being my overprotective, over-assuming self. Maybe they were just really good friends.

I tried to remove the sight of my JenJen emerge from a car with that guy, smiling and running her hands through her hair. I sunk deep into my seat, closing my eyes. However, the image remained engraved in my sight for the rest of the day.