Denial Part 1

The rain was pouring. It was a gloomy Monday morning and I was laying in bed sick. My siblings have already left for school and Poppy was lying down on my lap. My dad left for work but my mom took an off day to take care of me. There was a knock on the door and my mom opened it. "Where is she!" Jordan said barging in my house. "Jordan have some respect" Jessica said chasing after her. "Good morning April" Kayla said skipping in. "Morning Kayla, opmistic as always" she said with a smile. "Sorry for disturbing you, we just really wanted to see Zoey" Dawn said. "It's alright, she's in her room" April replied. "Kayla! Dawn! Get up here! I can't handle her alone!" Jessica yelled. They ran up the stairs and caught up to Jordan and Jessica. They walked up to my door but David was guarding it. "You can't come through" he said. "Are you kidding me" Jessica said. "Why is that Davi?" Kayla asked. "Big sister said she's sick cause she had a wave of truth put upon her and her body couldn't take it! So if I guard this door and not let anyone in for the whole day she'll play with me tomorrow" she explained. "That's so" Dawn began. "STUPID! That's not even possible! I mean a big wave of truth my as-" Jordan yelled. "JORDAN!" They all said. "Look David how old are you?" Jessica asked. "This many" he said holding up 3 fingers. "You know what every 3 year old wants" she continued. "CRAYONS!" Dawn interrupted. "What" Kayla said. "YAY! Okay you can go through" he said running away. They entered my room and looked around. "Wow she is a slob" Jordan said. "Takes one to know one" Kayla giggled. I hid under my covers trying not to be noticed. "Gee I wonder where she is" Jessica sarcastically said. They all rolled their eyes and and pulled my covers off of me. Dawn turned on the lights and I hissed like a vampire. "Get up!" Jordan said dragging me out of bed. She threw some clothes at me and pushed me into my closet. "Jordan she's sick" Kayla said opening the door. "No, she's not! She's perfectly fine" Jordan replied. "She's burning up" Jessica said feeling my forehead. "Just let her rest" Dawn said putting me back in bed. "Fine, whatever" Jordan replied. "Hey where's Poppy and West?" Kayla asked. I looked around and saw Poppy still sleeping on my bed but I couldn't see West anywhere. "Poppy's on my bed but I have no idea where West is" I replied. "He's outside" Poppy told us in a tried voice. "Doing what?" I said. "What he does every morning, breathing in the morning air" Poppy said. "Let me see" Kayla said. She opened my window and saw West lying down on the roof. "HEY WEST GET IN HERE!" she yelled. He got startled by the yelling and fell off the roof. "I got you!" Kayla said reaching her upper half of her body out the window. West fell into her arms. She turned around holding him. "Safe!" She exclaimed. "There was probably a better way to do that" Jessica said. "What do you guys want" West said in a rude tone. "You don't have to be so rude, I just saved your life remember" Kayla said. "Weren't you the one that put it in danger" Dawn said. "Don't  take it to hard, West just isn't a morning person and he's a jerk" Poppy said. "I wish Shadow took you when he took the royal family" West said. "I wish Shadow destroyed you when he destroyed Dove Kingdom" Poppy said. "Wait who's this Shadow person" Jordan asked. "Shadow is the leader of Dark Wing, and the reason for every bad thing in this world" West said. "Every bad thing, how is that possible" Jessica said. "Never mind that, we'll explain those things later" Poppy said. "Yeah, and you guys should be going" West said. "To where" Kayla asked. The room went silent. "Oh crap! We have school!" Jordan yelled. "We have to go Zoey, we'll come back after school" Dawn said. "Yeah, so bye" Jordan said dragging them out the room. I sighed and hugged one of my many stuff animals. "What's wrong now" West asked sighing too. "It's just that everyone has such potential to become a super hero. Jordan's tough as nail, Jess has the brain and skills to beat Dark Wing, Kayla has the spirit that could save or kill herself and Dawn's, well Dawn! Then there's me, a useless, weak, low self esteem 13 year old. I'm just gonna drag them down they're better off without me" I said. "Jeez, you're such a teenager, maybe they will be better off without you" West replied. "Y-You think so" I said as small tears formed in my eyes. He realized what he said and gave me a sincere look. "W-What I mean is that you're only partly useless" he said. The tears grew bigger. "What I mean is that you're not as weak as most small kids" he said. The tears were ready to fall. "W-What I mean" West said. "WEST SHUT UP!" Poppy yelled pushing him to the side. "You're a great person Zoey, with or without your flaws. You care for your friends and family and even their families! You do have the potential to be a super hero and you'll find it soon enough" she said rubbing my head. "Thanks Poppy" I smiled. The moment was interrupted when my Sparkle Commune buzzed. I grabbed it and saw that Kayla had texted me.