Chapter 3

Alright... 50 shillings isn't to to much, but it's enough to get a ride from here to Port Royal.

I walk over to the main dock of Tortuga and I go off to the ship center.

I walk inside and greet the woman on the desk.

"Hi! I'm just wondering how much it would cost to get a ride from here to Port Royal."

"That would be 40 shillings dear. Are you visiting family?" The woman asks.

"Um, not really. I just have some business to do. When does the next ship sail?" I ask.

"That would be tomorrow morning at dawn. You could purchase your ticket now and then cash it in tomorrow." The woman says.

"That would be great." I say taking out my bag.

I open it and I take out ten shillings. I then hand the woman the bag and she thanks me and walks to a room behind the counter.

She comes back with a now empty bag. I put my left over ten shillings inside the bag and I thank her.

She hands me a little piece of paper and I put it in my pocket.

"Hand that to one of the men loading the boat and they'll let you on." She says.

"Thank you!" I say as I wave goodbye to her.

*Time skip*

I make it back to the inn and I find an empty room.

I open the window and I then climb inside. Once I do, I close the window and the curtains. I then set my things down and climb into bed.

I had collected my pay from Mr. Smith. I didn't get very much but enough to help me on my journey.

I close my eyes and slowly fall into a deep sleep.

*Time skip again*

I wake up and it is still dark out.

I climb out of bed and straighten it out. But as I do I pause.

I'm gonna have some fun with the housekeepers...

I grab the pillows and arrange them in a specific way, and then wrap them in the bed sheets.

I step back and admire my work.

Yep. That definitely looks like a body.

I giggle at my creation.

I open the window and climb out. I close it shut and I pick my things up and walk out of the inn.

I check the clock tower nearby and I see that it is 5:17. The sun will start to rise soon.

I run as fast as I can to the main dock near town square.

I arrive at around 5:40.

I walk onto the dock and I see a large ship and a man waiting at the edge of the ramp collecting slips from people boarding the ship.

I walk up to the man and hand him my slip. He straps aside and gestures for me to step onto the ramp.

I thank him as I climb up the ramp and onto the ship.

After a while of staring the water flow by, the sails are finally opened and the ship is pulled out of the bay.

I look around at the passengers and the crew.

I see families traveling off to Port Royal, I see someone tapping their foot anxiously as if he was in a huge hurry to get to Port Royal.

I lean against the railing and sigh. I have a long journey to make. About 15 hours I have to wait to get to Port Royal.