Disney series: Aqualad - Under the sea

This was requested by sup3rw0lf I've never written for Aqualad before so I really tried 😅 Also, I guess (Y/n) is Sebastian and Kaldur is Ariel in this XD

I quickly swam through the palace, looking for my friend, Kaldur’ahm. Yesterday, I had heard him talking to Garth about joining a team on the surface. Who knows how long he would be gone for? What if he likes it too much and decides to never come back to Atlantis?

I soon found Kaldur out in the courtyard. He stood by himself as fish passed by him. I slowly approached him and softly put an hand on his shoulder. He was brought out of his thoughts by my touch. He smiles, but I can tell it's a bit forced.

“So you're leaving,” I state more than I ask.

“Yes, I am. But do not worry. I will visit you. Joining this team will help shape me into the hero I wish to be.” He had a point. But that didn't change the fact that I wanted him to stay. What could I say to change his mind?

“But why would you want to go up to the surface world besides that? It's so much better here under the sea. Couldn't you do that here in Atlantis anyways?” He looked a bit taken aback by my sudden questions.

“Many of King Orin's allies are of the surface world. Training with them would be highly beneficial.” Dang, he's right. What else? Come on, (Y/n). Think.

“Yeah, but...but I'll miss you.” I was desperate, and he was definitely right. Kaldur pulled me close to his chest in a hug. My eyes widened and I was probably blushing, but I brought myself to wrap my arms around him.

“I will miss you, too, (Y/n). But like I said, I will make sure to visit you as much as possible. There is no need to worry.” I nodded against his chest. He was right, as usual. I should be happy for him. He's getting a chance to train with some of the world's​ greatest heroes. At least, that's what the King called Justice League. Being on a team with other people trained by the League would definitely help him.

“Promise?”

“Promise.” Kaldur mentioned that he left tomorrow morning, so I spent as much time with him as I could until his departure.

When I woke up and he was gone, my heart broke. But I knew he was doing something worthwhile. I just hope he does visit.