chapter six // not-so-bad Aurora • Sarah

//aurora anesthesia//

"aurora, a word please?"

i rubbed my temples, who knew they would call my parents too soon. mum ran her fingers up to her hair, frustratedly.

my dad came from the kitchen, drinking up some blue lemonade. "aurora, about the counseling." mother spoke up.

"yes, aurora. your mother and i have decided," part of me wants them to tell me that i don't need to go to that counseling. for all i know it wouldn't even help me, because i don't need anybody's. i would be lying to myself if i keep thinking that they won't have to send me off of that counseling.

i gestured for them to continue, "we've been also thinking it's the best if you attend that counseling for a little while. trying won't hurt and there's nothing to lose."

i sighed in frustration, "i don't need people to understand nor help me!"

"we're always here for you," dad trying to soothe me.

"why can't you all understand that? i don't need those treatments! we got used to this! why change it all of a sudden?" i glared at them.

"we love you, aurora." father said. i froze, "don't use the L word," i hissed.

Amanda came from i don't know where, "what's happening in here?" she awkwardly asked.

"nothing, sweetheart. you should go upstairs, change clothes. after an hour, we'll be having dinner," mum said softly and smiled.

i rolled my eyes, "yeah honey, go ahead. catch some rest if you want." dad said.

"do you mind if i visit Stella at her house? i won't be gone for too long and i'll be going home for dinner." she pouted.

"is that so? sure thing. do you need some extra cash? i haven't deposited some cash in your bank account. same thing with aurora," mum asked worriedly.

she faked a smile, "no mum, it's okay. i still have a dollar or something in my purse."

"non-sense, sweetheart. here, have this," mother handed her a hundred dollar bill.

now that's a good one, "are you sure mum?" she asked fake worriedly.

"ofcourse, anything for my daughter. now go on, you'd be late for dinner later." she smiled. Amanda went out of the house happily. my parents' gaze returned back at me.

"don't call me for dinner, thanks." saying my last words and heading off to my room.

• • • • •

"miss Collins, i'm glad you joined us." mr. Peña said happily.

i swear, teachers are the best plastics. "yeah. because this is totally fun!" Timothy snickered; hinting his sarcasm.

Cole rolled his eyes, having his mouth shut. at least he's not being annoying and he doesn't have to give some smart asses comebacks. "who knew baboon can shut his mouth." i smirked.

pushing Cole to the end, he looked at me emotionless. "somebody got their panties on a twist." i sang out. Cole trying to hold back from giving a sarcastic comebacks; biting the inside of his cheek.