chapter five // i am ice but that doesn't mean i don't have conscience

//aurora anesthesia//

at least Soren and i get to go home before my dad wakes up. at seven in the morning, we were suppose to get our arses up. by eight thirty, first class starts.

i waited for Soren until he got his schedule. our eyes are bloodshot, lacking of sleep. "i hate you Soren for waking me up at two thirty."

"you don't. at least you get a free smoothie." he grinned widely.

i rolled my eyes, walking through the corridors. "hey, Cole! my lad!" he made a bro fist with Cole slash the baboon.

"hey Soren! you back for good?" he asked while looking at me.

"Yeah, I'm back for good!" He said happily. Cole looked at me and back to Soren and back to me.

"Your...?" Cole trailed off.

"Oh right! my girlfriend!" he put an arm around my shoulder.

"Uh huh, I see. nice catch, Soren." Cole winked at Soren and patted his back.

I shot them a disgusted look, "Please, that would be incest." removing his arm.

Cole looked confused at this time, "She's my cousin! Remember?"

"I sort of can't remember, lad."

•   •   •   •   •

"is this seat taken?" i froze, the similar accent i've been wanting to hear to talk to me.

"err.. aurora?" i blinked several times and had the chance to look up, i shook my head.

"oh okay. thanks." as he sat beside me.

instead of having sarcasm comebacks to my classmates, i kept my mouth shut. "do you have an extra pen?" he whispered to me.

i looked at him, "oh, yeah i have one." i extended to give it to him.

"thanks." he mumbled.

the bell rang and i went instantly out of the room, it's suffocating me and i can't breathe. i sat on the usual bench i go to,  i checked my watch it's almost ten o'clock in the morning, "three, two, one," mean girls wanna be went inside the dirty and old comfort room. just to make it clear, they do not smoke pot; they smoke cigarettes. they couldn't stop themselves inside the campus.

i smiled, "perfect." after a whole fifteen minutes, Stella went out of old comfort room, Summer went afterwards, and lastly Jessica.

i turned my gaze at the back of the school building, i checked the time, ten seventeen in the morning. surprised me, Dylan had his head over his arms. hiding the tears he has always wanted to take out. isn't it too early for him to be stay at the back of the school building?

i am not heartless, i am cold. but that doesn't mean i don't have conscience. i felt the urge to walk up to him, but i'd look a total fool. if he'd know i'd knew he's always in that place. i am a nobody and i don't give a crap about it.

i started to walk up to him, he doesn't seem to notice my existence. i don't know if i should sit beside him and ask what's wrong. because that is totally not happening. i left a note and my handkerchief beside him as i stormed off.