Father

Hail went to see her father immediately after she was dismissed, ignoring the eye contact attempts that Janice was trying to make towards her. She lifted the flaps of the tent and with bated breath, stepped in. He was convulsing on the ground again, his face was clean shaven, hair neatly combed, but obviously not the work of his shaking hands, and perhaps that was what made it worse for her, the lie of normalcy. She saw the spilled Molion alcohol, and it was apparent that he was drunk again. Sometimes she wonders if he had really lost of what he formerly was or if this was always what he is. 

"H-hails-storm." 

"Summer." 

"D-don't call your father by that name. Only your mother can." He snarled. 

"Summer." She egged him on. But he just smiled. 

"Clare."  

Her sorrow and angst more evident on her guise as she bit down into her lips. 

"The Storm is so bright." He continued dreamily. 

"The Storm is not bright, Summer, you are delirious." 

"Oh, but it is, it's red, warm and fierce like you." 

"You are describing the Sun." 

"What's the difference? You are my Sun. The Sun can go to hell." 

She felt hurt by that nonsensical quip as much as she had lied to herself that she wasn't explaining the condition he was in, she could feel her heart drop. She did her best to not show the wound he made and overcompensated with more layers of detachment in her voice. 

"Why do you care?"

"Nothing really. How was your day?" 

"I cleared the clouds above the Plias Forest today. The Fall Garrison should be able to settle there by tomorrow." 

"I am proud of you, Auburn. You are growing up to be a fine young lady." 

She said nothing, hiding her blush. He muttered something before falling silent. She lifted him up with some effort, gently put him to bed. The light drizzle from outside sounded soothing in her ears, she looked at her father, the years marked in his grey hair and the wrinkles, she wonders how he was like before. As she was about to leave, she heard him speak.

"GET OUT, BEFORE YOU DROWN ME." 

And she gritted her teeth and did.