1 | Hot Tatter tot

Prince Gumball had spent the entire morning in a semi-important meeting with another kingdom's prince. They went over some issues they were having, and discussed possible ways to handle them and keep the issues under control. They were fairly simple issues that shouldn't even be issues. Gumball wondered why he even agreed to have this meeting. The Prince he was talking to always ended up saying "Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too." If that's what he was thinking, he should have just done it. But of course, it's good to get ideas from others before deciding on doing something, right? Right. 

"And by the way," the other Prince blurted before they exited the round room. "I heard you were hosting another party?" 

"It's not a party, it's a Ball," Gumball corrected him politely. 

"Oh! Right, of course..."

"If you're wondering about your invite, it's in the mail." Gumball added before the Prince could finish his awkward and possibly long question about an invite. Besides, he always invites everyone... except Marshall Lee. 

Gumball had a very important date to get to. Fiona and Cake were waiting for him. And Gumball couldn't wait to get out of this ridiculous poofy outfit. He walked the Prince to the large entrance of his tree-like castle while they talked a bit more, and said their fair wells. Like always, he waved good bye as they left his kingdom. 

Gumball sighed lightly to himself as he quickly walked back inside, a Candy Guard closed the door behind him after a mere moment. As soon as he approached his bedroom, Peppermint Maid poked her head out from the threshold before walking away to attend other things.

"I have your outfit ready, Prince Gumball." She kindly notified him with a small smile. 

"Ah! Good, thank you, Peppermint Maid. What would I do without you?" Gumball thanked her as he stepped inside his room.

He walked towards his bed where his favorite yellow sweater vest lay, along with a pair of nice leg hugging pants, and a white button up shirt. He always rolled his sleeves up to his elbows. It always reminded him of Marshall, since he also did that. It was something that he didn't mind. He felt a tad bit free when he did so.

Gumball turned to glance at himself in the mirror before leaving, making sure he looked decent. 

"C'mon, you look fine, let's go." 

Gumball inhaled sharply at the sudden comment. He knew that voice very well, too. Did Fiona and Cake send Marshall out to get him? Gumball could get there just fine on his own. And why was he in his room!?

"Marshall Lee, you are not supposed to be in here!" Gumball blurted as he quickly faced the Vampire King, who was nonchalantly sitting in the now open window. "A window? Seriously? There are two glass doors that were made for that." He commented in slight annoyance as he pointed towards his small Juliet balcony. 

Marshall shrugged, daring to get closer to Gumball with a small smirk. Sometimes teasing Gumball was something he lived for. A part of Marshall was addicted to tormenting Gumball, but not in a bad way. If he really wanted to scare someone, that's a different story, and Marshall could never bring himself to do that to the Candy Kingdom's precious Prince. 

"Don't. You. Dare." Gumball threatened Marshall, watching him like a hawk. Gumball stepped back, trying to keep as much distance between them as possible. 

"What? I mean- it's faster than on foot, Gummy." Marshall commented suggestively, still slowly but surely floating his merry way towards Gumball. 

"Marshall Lee, I'm serious." Gumball warned him again before making a dash to his bedroom doors. 

"Not today, you aren't!" Marshall blurted.