5 | We meet Again

Marshall heard some rustling out and about the trees that surrounded his home. He opened his eyes, finding Ash not by his side anymore. Could that noise be her leaving? Marshall sighed, not wanting to get out of bed. But he wanted to catch Ash leaving. 

He forced himself to roll out of bed, finding himself completely naked. Marshall rolled his eyes, not sure if they did anything or not. He quickly found a clean pair of skinny jeans and his signature red plaid button up. 

Marshal could sense someone else, maybe there was more than one someone around here. He furrowed his eyebrows and prepared to look outside through the window.

"Gumball? Flame Prince?" He asked himself under his breath. "Awh, he missed me." Marshall chuckled softly, knowing that wasn't it. 

Before Gumball could knock on his door, it swung open. "Ah! Marshall Lee!" 

"Oh, c'mon, did that really getchya?" Marshall asked, an amused smirk growing on his lips. He could smell the sugar. Was Gumball nervous? 

"N-no, but we have bigger and important matters to attend to! Fiona has been kidnapped by the Ice Queen. She intends on getting rid of her. We need to go, now." Gumball explained. 

Marshall fell silent, not really sure if he wanted to believe this. He glanced towards Flame Prince, who seemed to be waving at him. 

"That's Fiona's man, right?" Marshall asked. 

"Yes, but let's go before we waste anymore precious time." Gumball responded, leading the way back towards his mobile pet. 

"Hmn," Marshall hummed, fallowing the Candy Prince. He studied him from the back... he sure did have a nice ass. He was surprised to see him in such casual clothes. Hot pink skinny jeans, and a white sweater. Gumball should wear more clothes like that. It made him look approachable. It didn't make him look like the candy snob he was. Oh, Gummy. 

Marshall watched Gumball climbed back onto Lord Monochromicorn. It was as if he couldn't take his eyes off the Candy man. His pet watched Marshall carefully, and scooted away when Marshall tried to crab on to him and shook his head. 

"Please, I know he's scary, but just let him on," Gumball said, patting his pets neck. 

Marshall smirked, leaping up and onto Lord Monochromicorn's back. He couldn't be afraid of him, was he? Or was he just giving him a hard time? Marshall shrugged it off, making sure to sit next to Gumball. Flame Pince glared at the Vampire King for squeezing between them. 

"Problem?" Marshall asked. "We wouldn't be in this situation if you would have just protected Fiona." Marshall glared back at Flame Prince. 

"She told me to run and get you guys!" Flame Prince defended himself.

"Hey, stop that!" Gumball ordered, "We're here to save Fiona, not argue about saving Fiona!" 

And with that, Lord Monochromicorn took off into the spooky skies above them. Gumball squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to be spooked by anything, holding onto his pet tightly. Another curvy turn, and Gumball found himself leaning against the Vampire King. 

Their eyes met for a second and they both looked away with shades of red on their cheeks. Flame Prince arched an eyebrow, not really sure what that was all about. Neither did Marshall, he never blushes. Who the fuck was this guy, huh? 

Marshall took a deep breath, wrapping an arm around Gumball's shoulders, pulling him back towards him. "I mean, all you had to do was ask, Gummy." Marshall teased. Gumball gasped lightly, pushing Marshall arm off of him. 

"Are you guys a thing?" Flame Prince blurted, a small shade of red appearing on his cheeks, along with a little smile. Of course, it would make sense! 

"Yes," Marshall replied, quickly nodding his head in Flame Prince's direction. 

"Oh, good heavens, no!" Gumball quickly replied, his heart beating faster at the idea of being a thing with Marshall Lee. He needed to worry about Fiona and her well being, not this crap! It was so hard with Marshall being here, though. He could just feel how red his cheeks were. This was embarrassing! 

"Okay, you both said two different answers." Flame Prince crossed his arms over his chest, arching an eyebrow. 

"Don't believe anything Marshall says!" Gumball blurted.

"Actually do the opposite of what Gumball just said." Marshall added on. He just loved how red Gumball was getting. Marshall was actually pretty hungry, too. He could suck the red right off his fa- whoooaaa there. Hold up. Was he really thinking that...? He was, oh my Glob. 

"I feel like I trust Gumball more than you, Marshall Lee." Flame Prince made up his mind, feeling a little disappointment. "I mean, I wouldn't judge! Look at me, dating outside of my people? Fiona's a human, and I'm like a giant ball of fire."

"Okay, what we really need to be talking about is a game plan on how to get Fiona out of there!" Gumball piped up, something to get his mind at ease. He was already going bat shit crazy. 

"How about, I distract Ice Queen with my hotself and you two can get Fiona?" Flame replied instantly. 

Marshall laughed, "She'd melt for you, alright." 

"Marshall Lee! Please!" Gumball scolded him.

"I think I have a better plan." Marshall announced to both of them as he sat back, leaning on his arms. 

"And that would be?" 

"You know how she wants a husband?" Marshall asked, looking over to Gumball, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"No," Gumball deadpanned. 

"Gumball should confess his undying love to the Ice Queen in a private room, while you and I go get your woman." Marshall explained, glancing to Flame Prince. 

"Uh, no!? I do not love her in the slightest bit!" 

"Just think about it, Gumwad. It would really distract the Ice Queen. And you know how much Ice Queen wanted you a few centuries ago." Marshall replied, glancing to Gumball. "Just don't cheat on me with her." Marshall smirked. 

"Well I never!" Gumball glared at Marshall and Flame, who were now staring at him with amused expressions. How dare they? Turning this on him, when they should be serious and think of ways to save Fiona. Gumball crossed his arms over his chest, sticking his nose in the air, look away from the two. But they were right, kinda. That would be one hell of a distraction for the Ice Queen.

"Glad to know we're on the same page now!" Flame Prince commented with a small chuckle.

Lord Monochromicorn made a sudden move, changing directions to avoid hitting the flock giant birds heading their way. And with Gumball not holding onto his pet, he had fell over again, leaning against Marshall... again. 

"Lord Monochromicorn, please!" Gumball whined, "You're a better driver than this!" 

Lord Monochromicorn responded with a shake of his head, like he was laughing at him. 

Marshall and Flame Prince both snickered to each other with little giggles. 

After awhile of just talking and coming up with more ideas to save Fiona, they made it to Ice Queen's territory. 

!| A/N
Sorry for short chapters and dumb cliff hangers.