"I love you."

***

there was silence; and then some

there was madness; and then some

there was love; but there none

***

"Ian... where did you get that?" I ask slowly, noticing for the first time that the ribbon is smothered in a thick black substance. 

He sighs, and his brows pinch in worry. "It's Kendra." 

BLOOD. The thick, 'black' substance is blood. Without a second thought I grab his arm and we dash to the Lodgings hand in hand. In about ten seconds we arrive; only to find Nate slumped against the side of the building, head in hands. Normally, I would be shaking with worry, but right now, all that matters is Kendra. We rush past him and into the building. "This way," Ian says, pulling me along a long, white corridor by my elbow. 

The room we enter is different. Not white from the inside like all the others. This is has a nice wooden floor, a faint black marble running long the walls, and a cozy fireplace in  the corner. The room seems so familiar, so beautiful, so different- compared to the stark white of this world. A great crystal chandelier hangs from the ceiling and- but that's when I see it. Or should I say, see her.  

A scream escapes from my throat just as I look up to the ever-beautiful, ever-smiling, ever-kind, Kendra, hanging hanging form the chandelier. And around her neck, a black ribbon. Just like the one in Ian's hands. 

And that's when I start to sob. I don't understand? Aren't we already dead? How could this happen? Why did it? 

Ian approaches me slowly; but hesitates like he isn't sure whether I want him there. In seconds I'm out the door of the familiar room, out the lodging, out of my mind. 

***

I stand outside, screaming. I scream for what feels like hours. Then again, everything here does. I feel Nate stand up, come closer. He lays his palm onto my shoulder and slowly turns me to face him. "Felly..." he's never called me that before, and my surprise is almost enough to make me stop crying. Almost being the key word. "I should've told you sooner, but this kind of stuff... it happens all the time. She's the forth this month."

"Whh-at... But why?" I ask, more disgusted with this damn place than ever before. This place of sorrow, and death, and nightmares. 

"It's the memories. the longer you're here the worse they get. And then it's just too much to bear. So... this happens." And then I notice that he is crying too. Instead of resisting the urge to hug him, I do. And almost instantly, he hugs me back. 

We stand there; me sobbing into his shoulder, and him mine. "Her last words,..." he trails off. "Felly, they were... for me," 

"What did she say?"

"She said 'I love you.'"

***

Three hours ago,  I kissed Nate on his cheek, and left to my room. Now, I lay on my bed, thinking about everything. If Kendra- and many, many others-  were capable of killing themselves, that must mean that... we aren't dead. At least not yet. So it must be like what happened to Jesus. He never died either; he was simply taken away.  I grab a white notebook (which I have no clue came from where) and start to write. I write about everything I know about this place so far. 

Point 1: Its called DELEGATION STATE.

Point 2: There are 20 provinces, each containing 20 "untils"; I am until 20 in province 20. Two angels run each province. In this case Lucky and Romeo. 

Point 3: Our fate isn't decided yet. Hence the name "until". So we take tests to determine whether we end up in hell or heaven. 

Point 4: The tests are based on the Memories. Everyone has them. Some have great ones. Others, like me, horrible ones. And sometimes it gets so bad that- 

Right then, it hits me.

What if these "memories" aren't real? What if it's all just another test? I mean, these people couldn't be capable of such horrible deeds! No one is. I would never willingly...rape a child. I shiver at the thought. NO. Once thing I'm sure of 100% is that I have never done that. Not then, not ever. 

I stand up and hurry to find Nate; to tell him what I've discovered. Because if it is true... is there a way out?

***

SHORT CHAPTER AGAIN. SORRY GUYS. BUT I HAVE TO KEEP THE STORY IN YOUR HEADS TO PREPARE YOU FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER WHICH IS MY BEST YET. BECAUSE THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING. xoxo