Zerø

For everything there is an end, not only for what was material, but even for names, without legacies or memories. At all times, after death or the end, some things are forgotten as if they had never existed one day.

Fairy Tail was not enough to keep the members, their goals were longer than the guild, but everyone there was afraid to take it, Fairy Tail still held above any goal, anyone. Nobody wanted to leave their friends to go after something else, they just wanted to be able to continue living like that, in their comfort zone.

That was enough, simple as that.

However, after Master Makarov died in a worthy fight to protect his children, it is as if the pillar of Fairy Tail had been brutally knocked over, and on the same day no one said goodbye to one another.

Death was an insurmountable shock, and staying with guild friends, one way or another, would remember their master, from the great, though small, master they had. Even more than that, one hour the memories of their complicated childhoods would come back and make them relive all over again.

Yes, each had a goal to be able to overcome the past, or to become stronger than the present, but Lucy did not, far from it, she did not only suffer the trauma of Makarov's death, she saw him face to face in the last second of life . Nor could he ever overcome the pain of his companions disappearing.

The blonde was a fairy without wings, unlike them. She tried to find a goal, managed to be a reporter, got everything she wanted, including publishing her finally finished novel, and he made a hit in most of Fiore.

But no one knew who had written that work of art.

Why?

"Lucy from Fairy Tail wrote this book, but she disappeared like everyone else, and so I, Lucy, just Lucy, got it and published it, this is a book without an author, because that person does not exist anymore." The blonde thought, looking at the cover of a copy with the right hand, which had the guild mark, in the book.

Still, she received a lot of money, and whoever knew her, knew she was the author, but the blonde always denied it.

Actually Lucy was not really the same person, all the charisma she had was lost, she was now a serious person of guaranteed success everywhere she passed, but unhappy.

And that change was at such a radical level that Lucy no longer considered herself a celestial mage, not even one more mage. She hid the keys in a place only she could find.

Lucy, in that time, broke promises, disappointed some people and cheered others. Anyway, in the end, she still felt indifferent to it, maybe because one day she felt so much pain, that one hour it was better not to feel, not to suffer.

And also, after two years of searching, Lucy gave up on finding her friends. Even Natsu and Happy, Erza, Gray ... none of them gave any sign of life.

Alone, her routine was practically the same, she had a luxury house in Crocus, near the Royal Palace, she would technically wake up the time she thought fit, get dressed and go to work.

Everybody in the street greeted her with respect, not for the book, but because she was a icone in the work of so much talent, and even for other things.

She would arrive, do everything she needed in the greatest, and most immersive silence, finish and return home, with her head practically empty, or full enough to make her unable to focus on one thing.

And then she did not do anything else, already preparing for the new and bitter tomorrow.

(...)