Excuse me...?

Early the next morning, Lucy awoke with a little shock, after all the first sight she had was a little blonde staring at her wide-eyed.

"First...?"

"Lucy, why did you do it?" She went straight to the point.

Now it was the turn of the other blonde to open her eyes, and immediately divert them, remembering what had happened last night would never become a good memory, neither for her nor for anyone. Even Lucy herself was not happy with what she had done.

"I ..." She tried to say over and over again, even gave up, and once again her gaze became melancholy. "... is not it ironic, first? My desire is to unite all my friends, and in this attempt I have just put away more people away!"

"You're just asking too much from you, I can see it in your eyes, Lucy, you're not able to forgive yourself." The little blonde said something that had been in her head for a long time.

"Uh, maybe." She answered and sighed, conformed.

"Then I'll help you be strong enough to be able to forgive yourself, and of course share your pain too, I am you friend!"

With that, Lucy looked up immediately. At the sight of anyone, what Mavis had just said simply made no sense at all, though Lucy understood perfectly what she meant.

"Thank you..." Whispered.

When Aquarius's key broke, the blonde did not tell anyone, not even the last time she saw her friends, the day Fairy Tail disbanded. She pretended to be all right, she smiled, and no one saw that pain. Not because they were insensitive, but because Lucy herself hid it perfectly. So she never shared her pain.

And even for battles, every time she saw her spirits suffering in her place, seen by many as her shields, for Lucy that hurt in her heart, and no matter how hard she pressed, nothing would make her feel better doing them fight for she, in your place. The blonde even tried to use the other Stardress, in addition to Aquarius, but lacked something in itself, something that prevented her from using magic and evolve. She felt more than weak enough to protect herself.

Breaking the bonds with her closest friends was an immeasurable pain, even so, the blonde would not see them suffer for her any more. Regardless, had the decision really been something right?

"First." Lucy called out to her almost in a grunt, after a little thought. "If I have enough strength to protect me, I can fight alongside my stellar friends, and then only then will I accept the contracts back, because I can protect them too." For the first time her voice came out as determinedly as the other blonde.

"That's right!" Mavis had stars in her eyes and animation.

Lucy rose quickly from the sand, all dirty with the grains clinging to each other in her clothes, but no matter how she looked at Mavis with a genuine smile that was rare.

"So where do I start?"

"The right thing would be to train your physique and get a new kind of magic for you, but that's really tricky when I can not physically help you out because I am just an illusion!" The little girl admitted with a silly face.

The other blonde looked away a little, directing him to the sky, and having a peculiar memory.

"I saw a person on the island. He can help ..." She suggested simply.

"NO, HE CAN NOT!" Mavis startled the blonde with the cry of indignation. "I m-mean! He does not like helping and... IS THAT!!" She was embarrassed.