1

"Merlin." I woke up with to a whisper in my mind. I knew that voice and I had hoped to never hear it again. "Merlin!" I sat up and looked out my window. "Come here, Merlin. I can see you, so don't ignore me." He told me. I used my power to find him. He was in the middle of the forest. Guards were patrolling that area. If he was to be caught, who know what would happen. I sighed knowing I would have to go.

My brother, Marcus, is four minutes older than me. He is the secret I am too ashamed to have. No one knows of my twin, not even Gaius. Marcus used to be my best friend until we were fifteen years old. On our sixteenth birthday, he betrayed me and our mother. He did the unthinkable, something that I could never forgive him for, but even though he did what he did, he's still my blood and I still care about his safety. He's been gone for years, so why did he suddenly come back?

I snuck out of my chambers and out of Gaius' hoping not to wake the old man. I walked in the shadows of Camelot and into the darkness of the forest. When I got close enough, a cloaked figure walked out from behind a tree.

"Hello, brother," He smiled at me. I faked a smile back at him. "Still mad at me?" He asked walking closer. I stood my ground.

"What are you doing here? Mother forbid you from coming to Camelot, and she forbid you from contacting us after what you did." I said quietly hoping none of the guards would hear. If they did, that would not be very good for me or Marcus.

"Since when have I ever listened to Mother?" He chuckled with amusement.

"You used to always listen to her because you were so desperate for her approval." I spat at him.

"Not anymore. Not since you two betrayed me!" He yelled.

"We never betrayed you, Marcus! And you still haven't answered my question." I told him.

"I thought I would come visit my twin brother. Is that a problem for you?" He asked angry.

"Yes, it is." I stated bluntly.

"After everything you did, I can't believe you would hate me this much."

"After everything I did? I didn't do anything to you!" I growled.

"You ruined my life!" He yell echoed through the forest. I widened my eyes and looked around. No one was coming. "You were always Mothers favorite. I could never compete with you." I felt bad. I never wanted him to feel unwanted.

"I'm sorry, Marcus. I didn't realize." I looked at the ground.

"No, you didn't!" He snarled. "And even now, how could you work for the prince of Camelot? His father kills our kind! He killed Mary and our unborn child! Yet, you do nothing, but support them. How can you stand by their side knowing they could kill you and do nothing about it?" He said with venom in his voice. I looked up at him.

"I believe in the future Arthur will bring to Albion and as for Mary," I began to say. " she was practicing dark magic. You know I would have saved her if it wasn't true."

"You disgust me. I hate to call you my brother." He glared.

"I could say the same for you," I spat. "You not only practiced magic because of your envy, but you practiced dark magic with Mary."

"I loved her and she was my everything. You don't even care."

"Of course I care! You are my brother and I would always look out for you no matter what, even if you do stupid things." I told him.

"Good because I have a proclamation," he smiled as he began to circle me. "I'm planning to attack Camelot with a special friend of mine and we would like you to join us."

"What? Are you crazy?" I looked at him surprised. "Why would I ever do that?"

"Because you're my twin brother and you would always look out for me." He smirked.

"Yes, but this is going too far!" I stared at him like he had a second head growing out of him right in front of my eyes.

"You have a week, Merlin. I will be back by then for your answer." Marcus said before walking away into the darkness. I sighed and turned on my heel. What should I do? Help my brother, my blood, attack the kingdom and avenge all the innocence that were murdered or save Arthur from my brothers monsterous revenge plan?