CHAPTER 10

It was the day of wedding. The day when Meher officially turns into Mrs. Meher Parmish Verma. The decor in Kapoor house was magnificent. Since it was the day, there will literally dozen of ceremonies to be performed. First was Choorah ceremony followed by Haldi ceremony, Kalirein ceremony and... many more.

Similar was the aura of the hotel where Parmish and his family were staying, Parmish was clad in haldi,which basically started as a ceremony but eventually turned into Holi festival, with yellow theme

Similar was the aura of the hotel where Parmish and his family were staying, Parmish was clad in haldi,which basically started as a ceremony but eventually turned into Holi festival, with yellow theme. Now, nearly everyone present there had Haldi on them.

The day was passing by and remaining ceremonies were being performed , each ceremony bringing the moment of grand nuptial closer.

The baraat (the procession that includes groom, his family and friends) reached the venue at about 10 pm. Groom's friends and relatives were dancing in front of the baraat . Along with this, firecrackers were also burst, in frequent succession, adding to the festivities and announcing the arrival of the groom.

The grandeur of the venue was mesmerizing.The festivities and celebrations all around, created an aura of joy and excitement. In such an environment, everyone's happiness was high up to the sky. Elaborate preparations were made in the terms food, fun, floral decoration etc.The pomp and show made everything bright, colorful and grand.

At the entrance were Megha, Tanisha and some of Meher's cousins, waiting to welcome the groom but not before providing them Neg.

After ten minutes of negotiation and tantrums thrown by both sides, they settled on a handsome amount and allowed entry to Parmish. He was then taken to the stage.

The bride was brought forward, surrounded by her friends and relatives, for exchanging garlands with the groom. She stopped at the stairs and was about to set her foot on the bottom-most stair when Parmish came and lifted her bridal style. Everyone went 'awwww..' while Meher could only manage to blush. Once on the stage, Parmish let her stand. They both were then provided with garlands. As Meher took a step forward to put garland around Parmish' neck, he leaned backwards. Everyone started laughing at his naughtiness. Vansh and Kshitij came forward so that they can lift her up to Parmish' level, but she refused.
Instead she twitched her lips, held her head high and turned dramatically indicating she is going back. Parmish smiled at her antics, held her hand and gently turned her towards himself. He bent down on his knees. Everyone was looking at them adoringly. Meher smiled and put the garland around Parmish's neck. Parmish now got up holding garland for Meher in his hands. Though Meher was shorter than Parmish even with her heels, she bent her head a little giving Parmish more access. Parmish put the garland around her neck and smiled knowing he has chosen the right girl, who will never let his ego boost and neither will let his honor deflate.

Afer Varmala ceremony, Parmish and Meher were seated on humongous throne like chairs. All the guests then came turn wise to give their good wishes and wedding gifts.