4 ~ Deciever

Lailah Woods

"You tricked me!" I screamed at him.

I sat in the back of the car, sitting crossed-legged in confusion, waiting for his response.

He did not reply or make any movement, not even giving me as much as a look.

I made up my mind that I hated him, hated him for lying to me.

Well, he hadn't actually said the lie to me, but what he was trying to do had suddenly become clear.

"Can you speak to me?!" I yelled rudely. His eyes were still glued on the road, which didn't make much sense considering his front lights weren't even on. Sooner or later we were going to be pulled over, but that wasn't even what I was afraid of.

I was stupid. I had come to that conclusion. I was plain stupid. Every bad thing that happened to me in my lifetime was surely my fault. I knew if I had ever buckled down and focused on life itself, and not all the things it waa doing to me, I would never have been in 'The Dollhouse'.

But of course, I was your common push-over, and everybody took advantage of that.

Even Mr.Lucky over here, who was in the driver seat of his range rover, eyes glued to a pitch black road, not saying anything, and I couldn't even condemn him.

I began to feel the blood gradually make it to my brain. The small morsels of my emotions began to allow themselves in as well. My whole body began to tense up with anger.Why wouldn't he listen to me or explain what was happening? I have the right. It's not my fault the entire universe chose to turn against me. It's not my fault I was homeless, my dad died....and my mother sold me to a sex house.

Not my fault.

But then again, for me, that's all I've known. That's all I would be able to put down if I wrote the story of my life. A brief tale of failure.

So why did this feel like my worst nightmare? People are always saying things are a nightmare. The traffic is a nightmare. There are 5 people ahead in the que, so it's a nightmare. The ATM only gives the fifties, a nightmare. They've tied their shoe laces too tight and can't untie them, so that definitely qualifies. They aren't even sure how much of what they're saying can actually be considered.

See for this nightmare, it's all black and thorny, similar to what I think my heart looks like.

I can only clutch on to my memories. Suddenly a gust of emotion washed over me again. The anger was certainly still there, but my old friend sadness had come to pay a visit to my heart. It sat there, in my heart, waiting to be told what to do.

And I didn't know what to do with it. So I began to cry. I allowed the tears gush out like water from a faucet. I covered my wet face in my palms and sobbed until I was wailing. Every single thing that had made my life a living hell was coming out right now. Every emotion, every cry, every day of hurt was finding its freedom. My heart was empty, not half empty or half full, completely empty.

I tried using the end of my top to wipe my eyes but I knew my face would still be blotchy.

I sniffled in the back while I still tried to look out the tinted windows, to figure out where we were.

After I finally controlled my insanely heavy breathing, I managed to let out,
"Where are we please?"

He used his rear- view mirror to look at me. He furrowed his eyebrowes at me and his glasses weren't there anymore. His eyes were fixated on me, as if in lock-down mode.

He viewed me up and down then just smiled to himself.
"Shut up." was all got in return

What seemed like an hour had passed and we were finally beginning to pull up somewhere. From pressing my face on the window at an angle, I could see a house. A huge house almost as big as the brothel. If it was his house, he must have ben a millionaire, I thought.

I looked at the driver, who was now getting out of the car. I quickly unlocked the door and jumped out too, forgetting that I had no shoes and badly grazed my feet. I held it in and skipped to him as he casually jogged up a flight of marble stairs, leading to the door.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned, trying not to allow the wave of anger to soak me again.

He dug his hand into his pocket and produced one silver key, and then looked at me confused, whilst chewing on some gum. Wow.

"I'm not taking you anywhere, you followed me." He said, unlocking the huge black double doors and swaggering in.

I decided not to bother with his metaphors and ridiculous talk and just follow him into the house. It was impressively big, and he clearly didn't hesitate when it came to splashing money. Everywhere I turned there was marble or gold.

I followed his movement into the kitchen, which had a fairly beautiful island with a silver sink and cabinets. Never in my life had I seen such immaculate living. My mother and I had only lived in a small apartment with two small rooms a parlor, bathroom, and kitchen. Often the place smelled like crap, as of my mother's addiction. She was never bothered to cook and I wasn't allowed, so we always had takeaway. I stood in the middle of the kitchen, hair in a loose ponytail, gray sweatpants, no shoes on, astonished.

On the other side was a small lounge that faced a huge tinted window that kept the garden. When I squinted my eyes long enough I could see a large pool. It was surrounded by plain ground and behind that was a large field, with what I thought looked like a kids play area. Surely this man didn't have kids. It was most likely for nephews or nieces that often came over.

This man was rich. The amount of payment one could get from only one night of sleeping with him. But my hopes were cut when he started talking agaiñ.

"Do you like my home?" He asked, taking a sip of water, resting on the counter. He was now in a white long sleeve shirt and some black sweats, accompanied with blue slippers. I can't even remember when the outfit change happened,  but it clearly did.

"No!" I snapped at him. He didn't do as much as flinch at my rude response. He simply set his drink down and smirked.

"Your room's upstairs, first on the right."

"Are you crazy? I'm not sleeping here, you idiot. Take me home, now please!" I screamed, stamping my foot, which probably wasn't the best choice of action, especially after I had used the same foot to jump on the hard ground outside. 

"I repeat, your room's upstairs." He said calmly, grabbing a bag of crisps from the cupboard. As he walked down the hallway, I slowly chased his footsteps. Then he slowly turned back to my face "First on the right!" Then he jogged up the black wood stairs and was gone. 

This house was way too big to be left alone in, especially at night, so I raced up the staircase after this man.

I was not sleeping here, just investigating.

Authors Note Please Read: If you read the last chapter, I think you might find this a little confusing, as to why Lailah is in Niall's car, and how she got there. I'm sorry if you do. It will make more sense the more you read. I also changed the cover for this book, I hope you like it : ) Also, if you wouldn't mind, please take a little time to tell me what you thought about this chapter.

Guilty xx

VOTE & SHARE x