chapter fifteen

Cara's POV

Four days had already past and Austin had neither called nor texted me. He was really giving me time to think and I'm thankful for that. And maybe I really like him.

I thought to tell this to Daniel before I confess to Austin. He was in his room. I don't know why but in these four days I have never seen Blake and him together.

When I went to his room, he was in sitting in a bean bag with his laptop.

"Hey!" I said.

"Oh! What's the matter, muchkin?"

"Daniel, I think I like Austin."

He quickly looked away from his laptop screen but he didn't say anything. Instead he got up from the bean bag.

"And I'm gonna confess it today." I spoke again.

"No you won't be."

"What?"

I said surprised. But why? He wanted this to be happened and now when this happened why no?

"Yes. You will not do that." He said in serious way.

"Why?"

"Because Blake too like Austin and I don't want to see her broken. She'll be broken when she'll see that you two are together now."

"But when did she say this?"

"The day when you went to Austin's apartment. Actually I went to ask her out but she refused. When I asked the reason she told me that she liked Austin too."

Blake too likes Austin. How could this happen? I even didn't know. She didn't even tell me. Such a "good friend" I am. Wow!

"Okay then. I won't be saying this to Austin."

I bit my lower lip to prevent my lip from quivering. I went to my room after that. I wanted to call Blake but some how I couldn't.

***

Next day when I went to gym, Austin was there. I was trying to look away from him. Maybe he noticed that. So, he came to me and asked:

"So have you thought of your answer?"

"Yes."

"May I know it?"

"I don't like you." I lied.

"I can read your mind, Cara. Don't you dare lie to me."

"I'm not lying and if you can read my mind what's going on my mind?"

"Don't try to turn the tables, okay?"

I wish I could tell him that I also like him. But I can't. How can I ditch Blake when she is my like best of best friends.

Life would have been easier, had it been possible for us to plan fall in love; most importantly avoid falling in love. Yes. My life also would have been easier if I could plan to fall in love with Austin before Blake did and confess it earlier, more importantly if I could avoid falling in love and be the same bad girl as I was before.

But you know the quote from the book "The fault in our stars" , that "The world is not a wish granting factory". It's so true.

"Sorry but all I'm saying is just truth." With that I left the gym.

°°°