chapter sixteen

Cara's POV

The summer vacation was over and we had school from today. Holidays passed so quick that it felt like it was just 5 seconds of summer and bang, school is waiting for you .

In these overall holidays, Austin neither called me nor texted. Maybe he was avoiding me. I don't know.

I was in my math class. The most boring class. Teacher hadn't come yet and students were still left to come. Blake was already here. And she was pretending as if she would be the happiest person in the world if I fell in love with Austin. Maybe she would truly happy but I don't wanna hurt her. Atleast not on purpose.

When Austin entered the class, I quickly looked away. I don't know if he's avoiding me or I am avoiding him. Obviously, it's me who is avoiding him cuz I don't want my feelings to grow for him. Not after that I know Blake likes him.

Neither me nor Austin has tried to talk to each other. Maybe he needed time to heal the pain he got from my rejection. I didn't want to hurt him. At the same time I don't want to hurt Blake too.

It was lunch time. We were sitting in our usual table. Blake was having pasta and I had pizza.

"Do you like Daniel?"

The question popped in my mind and I couldn't stop muself from spitting out. I so badly wanted the answer to be yes.

"Girl! If you're talking about Daniel Seavey then yes but if you're talking about Daniel Frankel then no." She said playfully.

"Then do you like Austin?"

Suddenly her playful smile vanished and she hesitated before answering.

"No! I don't. What are you talking about?"

"Daniel told me that you like Austin."

She didn't answer. She was looking at her plate of pasta.

"Answer me Blake."

"Yes....... but I don't like him anymore when I know that he doesn't feel the same way."

"If that's so then why didn't you agreed to be Daniel's girlfriend?"

"Because I don't like him."

I knew she was lying. I knew she liked Austin. I knew she would be hurt if she saw Austin with some other girl. Bell rang and we went our next class. Austin was not there in cafeteria for lunch. I don't know how long but our game of avoiding each other is gonna last very long.

°°°