A Little Bit of Lovin Never Hurt Anyone

"Kay you got a second I need to talk to you?" Someone said to me. I turned around and saw that Luke was standing on the side of the steps outside with a pair of sunglasses on and a baseball cap covering his head.He honestly looked stupid. I walked down the steps and faced him.

"What is it Luke?" I asked him glancing around making sure no one was watching us. Everyone seemed to be milling around and talking. I looked back at Luke and he seemed shaken up. He was shaking and it was at least 75 degrees outside. His eyes were yellow and blood shot. Every few seconds he would glance around. That's what happens when you get hipped to drugs

"Man I'm messed up man." He said shakily. He was close to tears and I can't handle it when a man cries.

"What happened Luke what's going on?" I demanded. He's never been this bad before he looks so scared I've never seen this before. He wiped his eyes and twisted his hands nervously.

"I owe someone some money and if I don't pay him by today then he's coming after me man. He's going to kill me Kay you gotta help." He pleaded me. I stared at him completely in shock. I've never seen him ask me for help before he's always been the one with the money so he needs money now I don't understand. His parents are practically millionaires.

"What about your parents can't they help you?" I questioned him. He shook his head the tears welling back up in his eyes.

"They can't help me they disowned me Kay they say that if I can get myself into this mess I can get myself out of it." He sighed frustrated. He ran his hands in his hair and pulled on it.

"Listen man ok you need to calm down have you called the police?" I asked through gritted teeth  that wasn't my first choice because what has the police ever done for me ya know. I mean they never do any searches at my house anymore because harry has always come up with some way to make it seem like it's a great place to live.

"I can't they're still looking for me after I threw that house party and you had that seizure." He sighed again. I didn't have any choice I had to help him he had no one and I know how it feels to have no one there for you.

"Look ok come by house in 30 minutes and I'll have the money for you" I said heavily. His eyes filled with hope and I couldn't the way it made me feel good about myself. It made me feel like I made somebody's life better than mine and everyone deserved something better than what I have.

"Thanks Kay you are a real friend." He said bringing me in for a hug. I patted his back awkwardly and quickly stepped away from him.

"Yeah yeah but you owe me big time." I said poking him in the chest. He grinned and nodded his head. I turned and walked towards the bus stop but as soon as I was almost there the bus pulled off almost immediately.

"Dammit!" I yelled in frustration. I try and do one good thing and then shit like this happens.

"Hey you need a ride?"A girl's voice called from my left. I turned and saw autumn in a Chevrolet avalanche that was all black and was slick as leather. I quirked an eyebrow at her. I remember when she used to ride the bus. How did she get a truck an avalanche at that?

"How in the hell did you get this car?" I asked hopping into the passenger side. She grinned at me and put her black sunglasses on.

"You can say it was an early birthday present." She chuckled before putting the truck into drive and speeding out of the parking lot. 

***********************************

"You can just drop me off at the cafe I have to do a shift before I go home." I said. She looked at me her black sunglasses hiding her eyes. She turned her head back to the road and pulled up into the cafe parking lot.