Chapter 12

School. The place I dreaded the most. The place where 5% of my depression stood.

I stared at the sloth-moving clock that just "wasn't in my odds." Why is it that witty, entertaining classes pass too swiftly and the boring, dreaded ones go by like the tiniest ant in the world making its journey across the European continent? Well, maybe I was exaggerating just tad bit? But, Mr. Gravois's French II was just not too exciting anymore. Especially since the semester was almost over with. Just a couple of more weeks and then Winter Break would finally be here.

This just wasn't fair, I thought. So I did what I usually do at desperate times like this. I daydreamed.

My forehead met the open book in front of me and my nose sunk into the middle line. And, goodness did it smell used and bad. I closed my eyes and let my mind wonder aimlessly 'til the bell that would end this period.

All that entered my mind was yesterday's boisterous event with Edwin. He was also the cause that I couldn't remove some of the dried, blue paint out of my hair. I spent all night trying to get it out while I could've been catching up on the newest episode of Degrassi. But, no. All that good time was wasted on regretting even laying eyes on that can of blue paint.

I pulled a side of my bangs to the front of my eyes to reveal the annoying blue streak that just wouldn't bulge to wash out.

"WHY?!" I screamed in my head as if the blue streak would get scared, jump off and run away.

Too bad it didn't.

I took my mind off of that madness, raised my head out of the smelly book and impatiently tapped my Federal Bureau of Investigation pen. The golden outline caught my attention as I noticed how shiny the gold was. The pen was pretty nice for a souvenir from a Washington D.C gift shop. It was Amy's gift to me --from a college field trip-- along with plenty of other Washington D.C stuff.

While dazed by my gold and black pen, I noticed out of the corner of my eye the blonde bug-a-boo whose parents had the decency to name it Zach... Yes, Landon's cousin who --some time ago-- found it to his entertainment to annoy the complete heck out of me with his lame flirting skills.

I could feel his glare on me while I trying to stay focused on my fancy pen. I could tell he was moving around to get my attention or something. Ugh, just anything he did was a pet peeve to me, now. I just always had bad experiences with guys I didn't have a liking to. And when I would find out they had a little crush on me, that was even worse...

I shuddered just a bit at the deja-vu moment and closed my eyes. He probably wanted something from me, or perhaps was bored just like the rest of us and, once again, trying to trigger the irritants in me. Keeping my face straight-forward, I stole a quick glance soon regretted. A smirk crept upon his face in pleasure as I sighed in surfacing annoyance.

A faint, swishing noise came from his air-bloated jaws. It still annoyed me even though the gesture wasn't much.

He knew what he was doing.

After a few minutes, the swishing persisted and so did the irritated growl that choked to escape up my throat. I turned to him to figure out his problem. He was caught off guard and looked up to the ceiling with an amused expression as if innocent and nothing was wrong. Absolutely nothing about this was funny and I wanted to figure out why he just wouldn't bother someone else. I turned back in my seat, eye brows furrowed and aggravated. Closing my eyes, I counted to ten and hoped the bell would finally ring. I kept my eyes closed hoping to escape onto the strange surroundings of Galapagos Island.

"Psst," I heard from the direction of the supposed human being. Yet I ignored it, the doltish sounds that came out of his mouth, the annoyance level rose to a status of discrepancy. That was it.