Chapter 5

Isabelle's POV

Today was my first day at college and I don't think I could be anymore nervous. I didn't know anyone and I wasn't just a new student at the school, I was new student in a new country. I sat down in the back of the room where no one was sitting, there was still about thirty minutes till class started but I wanted to be prepared. There was only three other people in the room and they were all sitting together talking about something I had never heard of.

I got out a note pad and pencil and sat it on the desk. I didn't really have anything to do and I just wanted to text Louis and tell him how nervous I was, but we haven't talked ever since he admitted his feelings.  It's the best for the both of us to not talk to each other right now. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with the revelation of his feelings, while I am uncertain of mine. I still think he is just missing me and was desperate for me to come back, he doesn't love me.

As I was pondering back in forth in my head about why Louis would be telling the truth, the class room slowly started to fill up. I figured this class would be full because it was math and everyone would just want to get it done with it in the morning. Everyone was sitting in the first couple of rows and I was still left alone in the very back. I saw an old man walk in and walk towards the front of the room, I assumed that it was the professor. He let us know that class would begin in 5 minutes and that we should be ready.

I looked around and thought that this must be everyone in the class, it wasn't to big but there was at least 35 people in here. The professor looked like he was ready to start when the door swung open and a guy walked in and told the professor he was sorry and that he got lost on the way to class. The guy looked around trying to figure out where he wanted to sit, there was room for him anywhere really, but he looked in the back row where I was and locked eyes with me. A smirk grew on his face and he started coming to where I was sitting.

I looked down at my notebook and felt my face get red, he was really attractive and I didn't expect anyone to notice me.

"Um hello," the guy said when he sat down next to me, "I'm Dylan, Dylan Hills."

I looked up and smiled at him, he was wearing a blue polo shirt that matched his eyes, "Hi I'm Isabelle,"

His smile grew, "I'm guessing you aren't from here, are you?"

Louis' POV

I'm pretty sure today is Izzy's first day of college, and all I can think about is how she is doing, was she nervous and if she made any friends. I shouldn't be thinking about her though, obviously she doesn't want anything to do with me. I really screwed up this time.

Today was the day I found out if I made it into the boys category for 'The X Factor' and go to the judges houses. I'm really nervous and don't know what to do. All I can think about is texting Isabelle and talking to her about I feel. If she would just say something to me, I think I would be okay.

I told my mum about what happened between me and Isabelle. She knew something was up cause I wasn't being myself. She also knew that I loved her, she said she always knew. I don't understand how she always knew when I didn't even know, but it took her leaving for me to know how I felt.

I really just needed to focus on me right now and try to get somewhere. Maybe one day we could be something or go back to normal. But I'm not sure right now.

I was at the 'X Factor' studio, like I have been all week for boot camp. The boys category was about to be called up so we could find out who made it and who didn't. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach, there was no way I was going to make it. I was not at my best this week and there were a lot of talented people here.

I looked at my mum one last time before going up on the stage and she was smiling and giving me a thumbs up. I frowned and shook my head, she believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself.

My category was called and all of the boys lined up to take the stage.

One by one, 11 boys names were called and each one of them cried with tears of happiness. There was one name left for them to call and a little part of me hoped it would be me and most of me knew it wouldn't be. But still there's always hope. 

They called the last name and it wasn't mine.