Ch. 22

*next day*
*Austin's POV*
*at alan's house*

"Austin. She didn't cheat. It was in the past. Let it be in the past." He said.

I leaned against the counter and rubbed my eyes. "Fuck."

Alan rolled his eyes. "Okay. Or just let your extremely pregnant, emotional, fiancé stay home alone."

"I'm just not happy with her right now." I said.

"Why? Because she did stupid things in her past? Because she lied to spare your feelings? Oh, no. It must be because she changed her whole lifestyle for you." He shook his head. "Go home, man. Make up with her."

My phone buzzed and I ignored it.

"This sucks. I feel like our whole relationship fell apart in a matter of days."

Alan smacked my arm. "Bro! Nothing fell apart! You guys are fighting over shit that happened like 3 years ago!"

"She lied though."

Alan turned away from me. "Jesus." He turned back. "Austin. Do you know how much that girl loves you?"

"Yeah."

"No, man. I mean really. She loves you so much. Like, it actually makes me sick. When you guys aren't together she gets moody and and mean. I wish you could see the way she looks at you when you aren't looking."

I looked at the floor.

"Oh wait!" Alan yelled. I jumped. Alan grabbed his phone.

"What?"

Alan shoved his phone in my face. I took it and looked at the picture.

It was a picture of Annabelle and I backstage. I looked at the camera, smiling. Annabelle had her hand on my chest and looked up at me. She smiled, but it was a smile I've never seen before. The love in her eyes was overwhelming.

"Fuck."