Ch. 27

*next morning*

*Annbelle's POV*

"Annie. Time to get up." Austin said.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He stood at the side of the bed, holding Jameson on his hip. Jameson looked at me and smiled and reached for me. Austin put him on the bed with me.

"Goodmorning, little man." I said.

He curled up next to me and played with my hair. I kissed his cheek and he cooed. Austin sat down next to me and put his hand on my hip.

"Baby. I have bad news." He said.

I looked up at him. His eyes were full of tears.

"Is your dad okay?" I said, starting to panic.

He nodded. "Yeah, he's fine." He looked at the floor.

"Austin, you're scaring me." I said. I sat up and pulled Jameson into my lap.

Austin took my hand and smiled at Jameson. Jameson smiled back and reached for Austin's hand.

"Austin, what's going on?"

"My manager called me this morning." He said. My chest tightened. "We have to leave for tour in a few weeks. We'll be gone for a few months."

I felt my eyes fill with tears. I looked at the bed and felt one roll onto my cheek.

Austin squeezed my hand. "I'll be back in time for Jameson's birthday."

I stood up and held Jameson on my hip. I walked to his room and layed him the changing table. Austin followed me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I ignored him and started changing Jameson's diaper.

"Baby, please talk to me. What's going through your mind?" he said.

I threw Jameson's dirty diaper away and picked him up. Austin turned me around and made me face him.

"Annie, you knew this was gonna happen. You've handled this before." he said.

"I know, but now we have a baby. And I need your help." I said. Jameson reached for Austin and he took him.

Austin looked at Jameson. "Do you think I wanna leave you guys for months?" He looked up at me.

I shook my head and leaned against the changing table. Jameson layed his head on Austin's shoulder.

"It's only four months. And then I'll be home for a year." He said.

"Yeah. And then you'll leave again. And then you'll be home for awhile, and then you'll leave again. And I'll just be here raising our son by myself."

Austin's face turned sad. I knew I had hurt him. I walked out of the room and went downstairs to the kitchen. I stood there for a minute. I wanted to cry. I didn't want him to leave me and Jameson. Austin came in and leaned against the door frame.

"Where's Jameson?" I asked. He motioned towards the living room. I nodded.

"Baby, you've never been this angry about me leaving. You knew this was how it was gonna be when we got together." Austin said.

"Austin." I looked up at him. "We have a baby now. We have a family."

"I know, Annie. But this is my career. Music is my life. I can't just stop playing." he said.

"I know that, Austin." I covered my face and groaned, then looked back at Austin. "Just forget it."

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Jameson was in his playpen, playing with his favorite toy. It was a blue plastic star that played music.

Austin came in and kneeled down in front of me. "Baby. I need you to answer me with a hundred percent honestly." He held my hand. "Do you want me to quit the band?"

I frowned. "Austin, I would never ask you to quit the band."

"Annie if you want me to quit, I will. Music is my life, but you and Jameson are my soul. I don't wanna risk losing you guys."

"Baby, no. I don't want you to quit the band." I shook my head. "I'm just sad that you have to leave. But music makes you happy. I would never ask you to give that up."

Austin looked up at me. "You make me happy too."

I smiled. "How could I make you happy? I'm so crazy and emotionally unstable."

He smiled and kissed my hand. "You're perfect in every way, baby."

I looked at our hands. His big tattooed hands were wrapped around mine.

"When do you have to leave?" I asked.

"3 weeks." he said.

I nodded. "Okay."

"Annie, look at me." he said. I looked up at him. "Everything is going to be fine. I'll be back in time for Jameson's birthday and then you get me all to yourself for the next year."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He groaned and pulled me close to him. I kissed him passionately. I never wanted him to let me go. We kissed for what felt like years. He pulled away and smiled at me. I pouted.

"Don't pout." he said. "You're getting me turned on and since our son is sitting right there."

I looked at Jameson and smiled. He was looking at me. I stood up and went over to him. He reached up to me.

"Hi, little man." I said. I picked him up and cradled him. Austin sat on the couch and smiled at us.

I sat on Austin's lap, Jameson was in mine. Austin held his hand out for Jameson. Jameson grabbed his hand and ran his chubby little fingers over Austin's tattoos.

"He's such a daddy's boy." I pouted.

Austin smiled and kept looking at Jameson. "He looks just like me."

"I know. He's a handsome little man." I said.

"I honestly didn't know it was possible to love such a little tiny person so much. I just look at him sometimes and it blows my mind." Austin said.

I smiled.

Austin looked at me. "You want more?"

I nodded and looked at him. "Yeah. But not for awhile."

"Girls or boys?" he said.

"I want another boy. But I want a little girl more than anything." I said.

Jameson looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"Annie, I love you." Austin said.

"I love you too, babe."