~••♪16♪••~

Ariana now sat in Klaus' study with an open book in her hands, her fingertips running along the brail in continual rhythmic patterns. Klaus on the other hand stood behind an easel, furiously painting on a canvas, the oil paints splashing across his palms though he didn't care.

"Are you okay Nik?" The sweet innocent voice he recognized as Ariana Gilbert inquired and he realized he'd frozen and she was attempting to make her way to him.

"I'm fine" was his simple response as he wiped his hands clean and captured her waist before she even had a chance to fall. Assessing her outfit, Klaus smiled gently, it was one he had left over from Rebekah and she looked adorable in it.

She wore a white top that exposed a slither of tanned skin, embroidered blue shorts and white plimsolls on her dainty feet that were tightened to fit as she was a few sizes smaller than Rebekah.

"Are you sure I look okay? It all feels a bit big" she emphasized by shaking slightly, the straps of the top falling off her arms and the shirt sliding down to reveal her white bra from the previous day

"You look fine" Klaus chuckled, catching the straps before she could be completely revealed to him. The hybrid gently pulled the fabric up, aware that she shivered in response.

"What are you painting?" She asked, choosing to ignore the previous event though deep crimson roses bloomed along her cheeks. Her arm instinctively wrapped around his waist in fear that he'd leave her behind and the hybrid trailed his fingers along her arm gently.

"Uh...nothing interesting" he lied though it was very clearly a portrait of her.

"I wish i could paint" she responded mutely and he looked down at her pouting expression.

"I could teach you?"

"I can't see"

"Doesn't mean you can't paint" he chuckled and took her right hand, guiding her to a fresh canvas before placing a paintbrush between her fingers and guiding her hand along the canvas.

"This is odd" she whispered and he couldn't help but chuckle as she wrinkled her nose up cutely.

"You're painting"

"I am?"

♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥♪♥

Two hours later, Klaus and Ariana were in the kitchen, the adorable Gilbert perched on a bar stool whilst Klaus cooked behind the stove, he said he'd surprise her and she was excited to taste what he'd made.

"What are you cooking?" She asked after a while, the suspense finally getting to her. He laughed and she pouted once more. Moments later she felt the chair swivel and a warm body press between her legs, her hands trailed forward and up to feel Klaus's toned abdomen through his shirt. The hybrid shivered and traced her jawline as she leant into his fingertips with a beam.

"It's a surprise" he responded once more, his voice velvety as usual and she found herself lost in it, her hands moving to trace his features as his moved through her hair.

"When will it be done?" She inquired moments later her stomach rumbled and she blushed, jabbing her finger into her flesh with an adorable glare "shh" she ushered and Klaus laughed.

"It will he ready soon" the hybrid promised as he took her hand away from her stomach and replaced it with his own, trailing over her exposed flesh as her breath hitched. Her glassy gaze disappeared as her eyes shut and he smiled, reaching over to take away her glasses.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she clamped a hand over her eyes. She knew her eyes trailed off in random directions and she didn't want him to see that.

"Look at me princess" slowly she opened her eyes, the brown instantly warming Klaus to the core, his fingers trailed beneath her eyes and she gasped. "Beautiful"

"I'm not" she responded and turned away from him, the hybrid frowned in confusion and turned her back to see her falling tears.

"Hey, don't cry"

"I'm broken" she replied as she began to sob and he frowned, how did he not realize how sad she was? She looked devastated.

"Hey, what brought this on?"

"Nothing"

"Well, I think you are the most beautiful person I have ever met in my life" Klaus responded sincerely.

"I have the same face as my sister"

"No you don't"

"But you said -"

"You are far more beautiful in every way" Klaus assured and pushed a strand of her hair back, smiling softly though she couldn't see.

"Nik?"

"Yes my love?" He replied and she quickly returned to her senses, falling silent, for a slither of a second, she was going to ask him to kiss her but now that she thought about it more, she couldn't do such a thing. A hybrid wouldn't want someone like her, she was the definition of a burden.

"Love?" He inquired, still awaiting a reply.

"Never mind"

"Are you sure?" His hands trailed her features. Pity. She inwardly sighed, for that was all this was but she wished to keep up the illusion a while longer, even if that was wrong, she couldn't allow herself to imagine him repulsed by her.

"I'm sure" she responded and purposely flopped forward, burying her face in his neck as his arms surrounded her, she tensed her legs so he was holding her up, hands on her thighs as she hugged him.

"Princess?" He asked softly, a velvety whisper, she refused to release him however, she wanted to stay with him forever if possible.

"Can I stay here tonight too?" She asked, as she looked up at him, or so she hoped. His hands moved her face to the correct location and she flushed in embarrassment.

"Don't you have school?" 

"I don't need to go though, I was only supposed to go to give me something to do, technically I still attend College in New York, I got an early acceptance into Juilliard, I send them my work and they have released the reins slightly due to my condition but I graduate soon."

"Why didn't you tell me you were graduating?" He asked in shock, that was something he would've liked to know.

"It's not a big deal, I just get a diploma in the mail" she shrugged and he sighed.

"Well, we are still going to celebrate"