«Chapter Eight»

-Ashton-
Do you ever just feel like somethings missing in your life? Like a sort of emptiness that you can't explain?

Have you ever just looked at someone and thought, oh there you are. Like you had been searching for them your whole life and didn't know it till then.

I don't even know how to properly explain it. I was so confused.

It didn't take a genius to know who I'm thinking of. He's the only one I ever think of anymore. It's always Luke.

If Luke were here he would probably say something like this...

Or,

I like that color, it reminds me of Luke's eyes.

My friend Michael was probably sick of me texting him all about Luke.

When I think it all over it kinda sounds like I have a crush on him.

I mean I didn't.

But then again I loved the color of his eyes and the way he laughed. I loved his smile and his dumb jokes that weren't even that funny. I love the way he says my name, the way it rolls of his tongue and I love the way he treats me like everybody else.

Okay.

Yeah, I was really confused.

"Earth to Ashton." Luke snapped his fingers in front of my face and I blinked a few times before looking up at him.

"You okay? You've been spacing out all day. Did something happen? Did someone say something? Did they do something? I'm gonna kill them." I giggled. I loved how he was so overprotective of me.

That made my smile slowly fade. I sighed and closed my eyes for just a second. What was going on? I was so confused, I just didn't know what to think.

When I opened my eyes again I was met with Luke's worried face. Oh no, here we go.

"Ash, seriously are you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Are you sick?" He questioned and I shook my head no.

"You're not upset?" He stated but it came out as a question. I saw him briefly look down at my painted nails and his eyebrows furrowed. They were a light green and I couldn't tell by his face if he liked the color.

"Did someone make you upset?" I shook my head no again. I wish he would just drop it.

I was saved by the bell as it rang, making Luke jump slightly.

I smiled at that, he was cute. I blushed, quickly grabbing my stuff and giving him a kiss on the cheek before rushing off to class. I left before he could offer to walk me to class, I only looked back once to see him smiling while touching his cheek.

I sighed again as I sat down in my assigned seat in Calculus class. I couldn't deny this any longer.

I groaned and buried my head in my arms on the desk.

I had a crush on my friend Luke.