2: Well...Crap

I groan, walking past them and into the kitchen. I knew this would happen, and I’m surprised they actually cared. This has happened at least three times before and they never cared once. They pretty much looked at me with disappointment clear on their faces, but they did that anyway. I would always walk up the stairs and shove something new into my Runaway Bag.

“I don’t know why you suddenly care,” I mumble reaching for the string cheese in the fridge.

“We don’t suddenly care we’ve always cared!” My dad argues standing up from the table.

“No you haven’t!” I yell back throwing my hands up, “every time I come home with bad grades you just look at me with the same disapproving look you give me anyway!” I shake my head. This isn’t the first fight I’ve had with them, but maybe the last. Maybe after I leave everything can be okay here, they can just pretend I never existed like they do anyway. They can say they only had one daughter, Leah, and I can be a non-existent person.

“Go to your room,” my dad says pointing to the stairs.

“I’d rather be there than here,” I mumble sliding past my mom who has her head in her hands like she always does when we fight. Our fights never involve my mom. I know she’s a vocal person, I’ve seen it before, but when it’s between me and dad she never gets involved. If it’s between me and Leah then she does.

I make my way upstairs and grab my bag on my way. I get to the top of the stairs and make my way past Leah’s picture perfect room to mine right across the hall. If you saw me and Leah you could tell we were twins, but if you saw my room and her room, and her closet and my closet you’d think we were distant cousins from opposite sides of the world. We are nothing alike. She’s a suck up, and I’m the farthest from it. She wants to go to college and become something stupid like a lawyer or something, get a huge house and I’d be happy with living in a flat on minimum wage for the rest of my life. We’re polar opposites and how we haven’t killed each other yet is beyond me. 

From: Des

To: Kathryn

Party tonight at Gabe’s you down?

Reads the text I get from Destiny, I’m always down for a good party. I text back a quick okay and that I’m not supposed to leave the house. We have a good plan for doing things like this, when I’m grounded or she’s grounded. It usually works out really well, never once has it failed me.

“Kathryn, open the door,” my mother’s soft voice says from the outside of my door. I sit down in my window seat watching the sun slowly set, some people walking their animals, others just getting home from work. Then I see Leah pull in, joy. Note the sarcasm

“It’s open,” I say loud enough for her to hear. I hear my door open and then shut again.

“You know we are just worried about you. We don’t want you failing out of high school, Kathryn, we want you to have a life, a, a future! She says sitting down in my blue spiny chair. I look back out the window, and she sighs defeated obviously knowing she’s not getting anywhere with me.

“Dinner will be ready soon,” she says standing up from the chair.

“I’m going to go over to Destiny’s we have an essay due Friday and I need help on it,”

“I don’t know Ka-“she says but I cut her off

“You want me to have good grades but won’t let me go get help on a project, okay whatever mom,” I sigh and look back out the window, the sun has gone down and it’s now a purplish red with a little bit of yellow here and there.

“Okay, be back by midnight,” she sighs, shutting the door. I text Destiny that I’m on my way and I grab my back pack and shove a really short tight black dress in it and then walk down the stairs. The room falls silent as I walk into the living room.

“Bye,” I mumble, and although they heard me, they don’t acknowledge me; they act as if I’m a distant relative nobody likes. I sigh walking out the door and walk across the street to Destiny’s. Although I don’t really care what they think about me, or if they like me or not it’d be nice to feel at least tolerated by someone, which is mainly why I come over to Destiny’s. Their parents love me, and her little sister adores me too. I don’t knock; instead I just walk right in. The last time I knocked they asked why I was knocking, so I just walk right in now, it’s pretty much a second home.

“Oh, hello, Kathryn,” Destiny’s mother, Rebecca says as I pass the kitchen.

“Hi, Rebecca,” I smile walking into the kitchen. She sets down the knife she was chopping cucumbers with and I hug her.

“How are you doing?” she asks and I smile

“Good, how are you?” I ask and she smiles wiping her hands on her apron and turning back to her cucumbers.

“I’m doing great, Des is just upstairs and Darrin is down the hall if you’d like to say hello to him,” she smiles

“Thank you, I’ll do that,” I turn down their hall and walk to Darrin’s office.

“Oh, hey, Kathryn,” he smiles standing up and setting his pen down.

“Hi, Darrin,” I smile hugging him, “how are you?” I ask and he pulls back sitting at his chair

“Very well, thank you, and yourself?” he asks

“Good, thank you, well I’m going to go upstairs, Destiny and I have a project to work on,” I smile

“Have fun!” He yells after me and I laugh walking up the stairs.

“Des!” I smile opening the door

“Kathryn!” she smiles hugging me.

---

We pull up to Gabe’s after making up some lie that Gabe has some notes that we don’t. Either way we got out of the house, I look up at the house; it’s practically in the middle of nowhere. Gabe’s parents are rich and are usually gone a lot.

“You ready?” Destiny asks and I nod unbuckling the seatbelt. We get out of the car and approach the house, flashing blue, green, red, yellow, and pink lights flashing, music blaring and it seems like a damn good party. I feel my phone vibrate against my chest and I pull it out of my bra and look at the caller I.D.

“Des,” I say looking up at her panicked

“What?” She asks almost mocking my expression

“It’s my mom,”

(A/N)

Hey guys! So I hope you liked this chapter:) I'm LOVING writing in Kathryn's POV it's absolutely amazing! It's nice to have a change of POV once in a while:) so anyway we finished tryouts last Friday, and today we found out what team we're on and the head coach told me that I am pitching for the JV team, but have a strong chance of swinging later in the season!:D I'm so happy:D anyway yeah I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you guys are having fantastic days/weeks and yeah!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :) xx <3

xx _DatWriterChick xx