6: Ava

My loud alarm blaring in my ear is not the first thing I wanted to hear this morning. I sit up glancing around the room, where am I? The memories flood through my mind, leaving early, walking the empty streets, the hooker in the lobby, the trashy hotel room. I groan, rubbing my hands over my face.

I hit the stop on my phone, and the alarm immediately stops, I need food, and a better hotel, and a job. So much to do. I crawl out of bed, leaving the probably disgusting blankets behind and walk to my duffle bag quickly throwing on some random clothes and deodorant, I shove 20£ into my pocket and walking out of the hotel room. A girl with her dress practically falling off her walks out of a room beside mine, heels in hand. She smells of alcohol and 2AM regrets.

“Here’s my card, and I probably won’t be back tonight,” I tell the man at the counter handing over my key, “how much is it?” I ask

“77 pounds miss,” he says and I hand over my 20, and reach in my bag handing over the rest.

“Thank you,” I say readjusting my duffle bag and walking out the door, before walking right back in.

“Did you forget something?” the man asks and I shake my head.

“No, um, where is the closest café within walking distance?” I ask and he pulls out a map handing it to me.

“It seems like you’ll need this, there’s one down a couple streets on the right, and then another one a couple streets down from that, I recommend that one,” he says and I nod, thanking him and walking out the door. I look around seeing a few cars passing by before I cross the street. I open the map, red, black and blue lines intersection with one another as I struggle to pinpoint my location. Occasionally glancing up to make sure I’m not running into any cars, I keep looking at the map.

I finally get to the café, The Corner Café, the bell signaling my arrival as I open the door. Baby blue and white walls, making for a cozy café, I sit myself down in a corner booth, sliding the duffle bag in next to me. I pick up the menu and stare down at it, looking for the cheaper items

“Hello, I am Cherdian; I’ll be your waitress. Can I get you started with a drink?” she asks

“Some sort of hot coffee,” I say and she nods writing it down.

“Are you allergic to anything?” I shake my head, “alright, we have a sale on muffins, it’s two for 3£,”

“I’ll take it,” I say scanning over the menu again. She walks away and I’m left to sit by myself in an empty booth, bored as hell. I pull out my phone which has only 2 messages on it.

To: Kathryn

From: Mom

I guess this is what you want right? You wanted to leave, so I hope the best for you, and I hope you get everything you want and deserve, which is the world. I love you, Kathryn, always have, always will. Although you left us, and you are always welcome back. I love you.

I smile slightly at the text. I could always turn around, head home, forget this ever happened. I’ve been given the chance, but I left for a reason, I can’t just turn around and go back, that wouldn’t be right, and it wouldn’t make any sense.

“Here’s your muffins, your coffee will be done soon, is there anything else?” Cherdian asks and I shake my head.

“No, thank you,” I smile

“Are you Luke Hemmings’ daughter?” she asks and I sigh, I was trying to escape this, maybe I shouldn’t have come to somewhere where he was still known

“Um, yeah,” I say awkwardly, and she slides in across the table from me.

“That must be so cool, your dad being in a band and everything,” she smiles, “wow, I can’t believe I’m sitting here with you. I’m really into older singers, you know, Five Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Demi Lovato, people like that,” she smiles

“Yeah, I hear they were good,” I smile and she nods

“So are the rest of Five Seconds of Summer and One Direction like your uncles since they traveled together so much?” she asks

“Yeah, they are, and I was on the road a couple times with them when I was younger, it was pretty cool,” I nod

“If you wouldn’t mind is there any way I could like meet your dad?” she asks. I look down, avoiding her gaze.

“I-erm-actually don’t know,” I say quietly

“Oh, okay, I get it,” she says standing up.

“Wait, it’s not because I don’t want you to meet him or anything like that, I just, I don’t really talk to them much,” I say quietly

“Why wouldn’t you talk to your dad?” she asks confused.

“I ran away,” I answer simply

“Oh, we-“ she gets cut off by someone yelling, “My break is over, I have to get back to work, it was cool talking to you though,” she smiles and I smile back, nodding. Why did I tell her the truth? What am I doing?

I rest my elbows on the table, rubbing my hands over my face, sighing loudly.

“Is this yours?” A boy asks walking up to my table, his brown hair swept across his forehead, light blonde streaks randomly appearing in the mess on top of his head. He smiles, a bright smile, his teeth perfectly straight, and white as pearls, his eyes a dark brown.

“Um, yeah I think so,” I say mesmerized, he’s gorgeous, not that I’m interested.

“I’m Mason, what’s your name?” he asks smiling again.

“Ava,” I lie, I don’t want to be known as Kathryn anymore, I’m Ava.

Ava…

Ava…

Yeah, that’s got a ring to it.

(A/N)

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter, she's now Ava:) so yeah anyway sorry for no update, I had no inspiration and I'm trying to finish Illegal Love so yeah! Um Mason is on the side he's hot:)

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! :) xx <3

xx _DatWriterChick xx