7: Blocked Calls

*ELLA’S POV*

I stare at the stack of envelopes in front of me. They’re the same stack that Luke gave me when he came back from tour for a week, I’ve read most of them, but there’s still one that I haven’t read, not until today.

Open When…It’s Our Daughter’s 16th Birthday

It was their birthday today. Kathryn Elizabeth Ava and Leah Rae. Well, technically it was Kathryn’s today, Leah’s tomorrow. It’s been just days since Kathryn left, but it feels like forever.

I pick up the letter, and open the envelope, pulling the letter out.

Its 16 years later when you’re reading this. But at the time I’m writing this you’re still pregnant, and I can’t be there. I’m coming back soon to give you the letters though. Are we still together? Are we married like I planned? How is our little baby? Grown up and healthy? Do we have any more kids? I hope so ;) If we aren’t together now, though, just know that I’ll always love you, no matter what I say.

Edited:

This is awkward, hey, babe, it’s still me. We have twins! Surprise twins, wow. This was added about a few months after I wrote the original, but I had to add this in. Inside I’ve put a disk in, of memories, of…well just watch. I love you xx

I smile and pull out the disk, putting it in my MacBook and starting it up. It’s a slideshow, music playing in the background. Of the first about 6 months of their life. I feel tears slipping down my cheeks as I look at our twins, our twins and one has left.

*KATHRYN’S POV*

It’s my birthday, I guess. I’m officially 16, this was the original day I was going to leave, I was going to leave today. If I left today, instead of a couple days ago, I probably wouldn’t have met Mason. The annoying, café Mason, but he’s kind of cute. Not in an ‘Oh my gosh I have to marry you’ kind of cute just an ‘Oh hey you’re cute’ kind of cute.

I’m walking down the street, trying to find a place to get a job. Finally, after about an hour of looking, I see a red and white sign reading ‘HELP WANTED’ I look up at the sign above it, ‘DANA’S DINER’ in pink script. I smile opening the door, the bell signaling my arrival.

“Hello, darling, how can I help you?” An older woman asks.

“Hi, I saw your help wanted sign and I was wondering if I could apply.” I ask sitting down at the barstool of the counter. She smiles and walks through a doorway, bringing back a piece of paper and a pen.

“That sign has been up for about a month and nobody’s offered, I could take the help I can get,” she smiles setting the paper down in front of me.

“Happy birthday, Kathryn,” she smiles looking over the paper.

“I go by Ava, and thank you,” I smile and she nods continuing to look over the paper.

“It says you’re 16?” she says and I nod.

“My mom can’t work and we don’t know my dad, my brother and I have to work,” I lie.

“I’m sorry, honey,” she sighs and sticks the paper under the counter. She leaves for a minute then comes back with a half apron.

“Here’s your pad to take orders, and here’s your apron, you got yourself a job, Ava,” she smiles handing it to me.

“Thank you, I didn’t catch your name,” I say

“Right, I’m Linda,” she smiles, “Now get to work, that table in the corner hasn’t been helped yet, and tables 3 and 4 have orders right here,” she says pointing to the counter. I grab the plates and take them to the tables she pointed at.

“Here you are,” I smile setting the plate down in front of a business man.

“Thank you,” he says politely

“Anything else?” I ask and he shakes his head. I give the next table their meal and repeat the action. I move to the corner table.

“Hello, what can I get you started with?” I ask pulling my notepad out of my apron.

“I’d like this,” he says pointing to a picture. I write it down and then ask about a drink and everything else and then clip the paper onto the chef’s spinning order thing.

---

“Ava you can go on break now, it’s a 20 minute break since we’re going pretty slow right now,” she says. I nod and tell her I’m going to go across the street and get a coffee and hang up my apron, I walk across the street, and order my coffee and muffin and then sit down at a table, pulling out my phone and scrolling through my texts. I gave Mason my number, and he texted me. He seemed like a pretty cool guy, a bit annoying, but over all pretty cool. I text him back and tell him I got a job and I’m on break, and we talk a bit while I eat my muffin, sipping my coffee every once in a while.

I then scroll through twitter; I deleted my old one, and made a new one because I didn’t want to be posting on my old one about where I was and such.  My phone starts vibrating, the word ‘Blocked’ at the top. I click answer

“Hello?”

“It’s Leah, I tracked your number and I’m coming to get you,”

(A/N)

Hey guys! I hope you guys liked this chapter! I am so so so sorry for not updating in forever, I literally had no inspiration, but then my best friend @copercurlz gave me this idea, sort of. I improvised. But honestly, we might as well edit the cover and put her name on the front too because she's come up with most of the ideas for this book, not only this book though! Because Princess Ella, Runner, Illegal Love and Dirty Lips wouldn't be here without her! She's helped me soooo much not just on Wattpad, but in life too she's always there for me and I love her for that! So thank you so so so much Beth, I literally don't know where my books or I would be without you. You're a huge inspiration and thank you again!:) xx

xx _DatWriterChick xx