Chapter 9 - Messed Up

The tour continued all throughout Britain and we finished in Newcastle, Bondy's home town.

"It feels good to be home." Bondy breathed in deeply the air as we stepped off the bus into the night. Franky hadn't really spoken to me, she kept near Bob who then went on to comfort her. Benji did speak to me but he just kept the conversations short.

It wasn't my fault, right?

I did know that everyone got drunk apart from Bob because he's the sensible one, he'd be the one who would carry us all home, but Francis too? For her not to drink, there's something wrong.

We went to the hotel and me and Franky shared a room together. We slept next to each other, with not even a word being said. I wish I knew what happened so then I could fix everything.

"Franky, can you talk to me?" I asked, turning to face her but she turned around so her back was facing me. "Franks, please?"

"I've got nothing to say." She simply said and tugged the quilt.

"You- I'm sorry ok? I can't remember either, you know? So it's going to be hard for me too." I explained and she twisted her body round to face me.

"I'm not blaming you, if that's what you're thinking."

"I'm just mad at how you didn't suspect anything wrong." She basically was saying she blamed me but putting her own little Franky twist on it to make it sound not as bad.

"So you are blaming me?"

"No..I don't mean it like that.." she frowned. "It just felt that you was never there."

"I've always been here, you're the one who's fucking me up, Franks." I didn't mean it how it sounded.

"What do you mean?" Her eyes met mine and tears began falling.

"One minute you're here, the next minute you're not. I don't know where you are half of the time. I need you to stay with me." Her face crinkled and she didn't know how to respond.

"What if I don't want to stay?" Her voice sounded like weak Franky I once knew. The colour of her face began to change, spots of dark purple and yellow began to appear on her face.

"Franky?" I shook her as she laid still.  "Oh fucking hell." I rushed and knocked on Larry's door and he came rushing in with his little first aid box to stop and look at me.

"She's fine?"

"What do you mean? She had bruises and.." I trailed off in a surprise of how miraculously she could change. She was sat up, smiling.

"Nothing's wrong with her?" He shrugged his shoulders and he looked at me worriedly.

"Look! Look!" I called him as he began to walk out. When he turned to leave, the bruises appeared onto her face again but as soon as he looked to her, they disappeared.

"I-, Wha-, I-?" I raised my hands in disbelief as Larry examined her and nothing was wrong.

"Van, get some sleep mate, you'll feel better." Larry patted my shoulder and walked out of the room.