T W O

In the 4th of June, our company released a drug named HVNS52-24 that can cure cancer. The drug was successfully injected into it's fisrt patient in the company's own hospital and legalised three days after the announcement of my boss; Mr. Paste. He announced that the cancer cells was vanished in the patient's body.

Tonight, Mr. Paste announced my promotion as the second and the future owner of his well-knowned company. He stated that I, his 'best' partner, should be awarded for a great performance on my job.

"Welcome home!" I heard my wife's voice from the kitchen then she approached me in the living room with a cup of coffee in her hands, she placed it in a small table infront of the couch where she joined me while I sit.

She greets me with a smile and a quick and deep kiss. I sighed because of exhaustion and thr heaviness of my eyelids. I lift up the coffee and take a sip.

"The party is great and... the old man really put on a show with his guests." I shrugged.

"Yeah?" She wrapped me with her arms and place her cheeks in shoulder.

"Yeah. So, how is Diane's first day on her home study?"

"Oh! Our girl actually nailed it. The tutor was amused by her. She knows different colors, letters and vowels. Our daughter will be a genius like her dad." She chuckled.

"That's good to know." I smiled, imagining my daughter in her grown-up days while I became a very strict and grumpy old-daddy.

"We should go to bed now, yes?" She untie my necktie and hop into the bed while she remove her pony in her deep-black and shiny hair. I grab some boxers and started changing.

"What're you looking at?" I chuckled.

"Your ass?" She laughs while I jump over her and started kissing her neck to the back of her ear.

"I bet you're tired?" She giggles.

I frowned but with a smile. "I am."

I lift up the blanket and hide myself underneath it with Rose infront of me. She wrap me with a hug, a smile drawn in her face.

"Congratulations, Jackson. You've made it. You've made your parents proud." Her smile widened.

"Oh? I do all this because of our family but, thank you and I know that, mom and dad is happy wherever they are right now." I kissed her forehead and we both shut our eyes and fall-asleep in oblivion.

"Jackson, we built this mess! And now, people are dying and the others are blaming us!"

"Mr---Mr. Paste? What are you---." Then I realised that we are on the rooftop of Haven's Good Company's Main building and that old man is standing on the edge of the building, heavy tears flowing on his eyes. "What the fuck are you doing Paste?! Get out of there!"

"Jackson, I must pay for the bad things I've done and so were you! We were in this together kid! Grab my hand and we're going to jump together and be cleansed! We did a mistake, now the people are blaming us! A lot of 'em are dead... because of what we have done! They call us " He yelled.

"Wait, what?! What are you saying?! Get out of there---!"

"Shut up! If you dont want to join me, I'll jump by myself. " The old man shut his eyes, trying to calm himself. His breathe, and my heart pounding inside of me is the only sound that I can hear.

"If I jump here, they won't blame me anymore and there you are; the one who's left to blame. I'll be dead when my body hit the concrete, the pain... the pain that I will feel is not stronger than this!" He lift his arms, joining the wind that suddenly blows wild and vigorous.