•I

THIS HAS BEEN REWRITTEN AND EDITED.

"You hit?"

"Hell yeah cuhh. The fuck you thought dis was?"

I rolled my eyes. My brother King and his niggas out in the living room playing 2k, talking about some hoe that sucked him up a few days back.

I walked into the living room where King and his friends were.

"King I'm going over to Indy's house." I said.

They continued to play.

"JEROME!"

He paused the game and his friends looked up at me, one biting his lips, the other 3 just said whats up.

"What Zyla?" he huffed.

"I'm going to Indy's house. I'll be back later." I repeated.

"Be back before 11 Zy. I'm not playing." he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Sup ma." The lip biting boy said.

I nodded back at him.

"And don't be walking around here with no damn clothes on. Cover up!" he yelled as I walked off.

I was only in volleyball shorts and a cami .

"Yeah Yeah love you too King."

I heard them talking agin.

They continued talking about fucking some hoe.

I was used to them using all types of language in here. See, I live with my brother Jerome, they call him King around here and for a reason. He's an 18 year old drug lord. That's how we can afford to live. Just me and him.

Where are your parents?

Haha that's funny. I don't have those. My parents are somewhere out here getting high. Shit, maybe even dead or in jail. I could care less. It's for the best.

I got dressed and headed to Indy's house. Indy was my bestfriend. She was Black and Native American. Pretty long hair, skinny with some curves. She was my partner in crime.

I walked into her yard. She was sitting on the front steps with her cousin/ our bestfriend Kendrick . I sat down beside them.

Kendrick was my nigga. He was handsome as hell, respectful towards me and Indy. But he was funny as hell and watched out for us. He and my brother was cool too.

"What's up." they greeted me.

"Sup Bitch." I greeted them back. I kissed Indy's cheek and dapped Kendrick up.

"What brings you to the block?" Ken asked.

"Mane, King and all them people in my house was getting on my nerves. I can't even walk around my own house half naked anymore."

They laughed.

"I'm serious." I stressed.

"I love me some King now. Yasss!" Indy shouted , doing a dance in her seat.

"Shut yo little hot ass up. " Kendrick said.

"Ill girl that's my brother. I don't want to hear that. "

"Whatever. You think he'll let me stay the night so we can go to the game tomorrow ?"

"Yeah."

"I'm catching a ride with you too. My car getting a paint job. All black ya know." Ken added.

"I got you fam."

Indy popped the can of Lime-A-Rita.

"Thot Juuuuice." she yelled. she took a sip.

"Gimme some." I said in my best T.I in ATL impression.

I took a sip and gave it back.

"Y'all some Thots for sure." Ken chuckled.

"Shut up hoe. " we retorted in unison.

"I love y'all tho."

"Whatever ."

"Love no Thottie." I replied.

"Girl please, you love Kendrick." He was so cocky at times.

"Indya Saffar, get ya ass in here and clean this mess up!" Ms.Kim, Indy's mama yelled.

"Ahh shit I ain't know she came home. I gotta clean this kitchen. See y'all later. I'll be to your house in an hour Zy." She dapped us up and went into the house.

"I'm out Zy. It's 10:52. You better get ya ass home before King get to you." Ken said. Oh shit!

"Catch you later,im out." I dashed to my car and made it home.

I walked into the house seeing King and his friends getting ready to leave.

"You're late Zy." King said.

"Sorry. It's only a couple of minutes."

"I needed you to be here. Just be back on time next time, ok?"

"Ok. What's up?"

"We gotta take care of some business down in Burbank. I had to make sure you were home safe. Don't leave the house. "

"What kind of business King?" I asked. He looked away from my eyes. I know what that means, he's about to go shoot someone up. I hated that he was in so much danger.

"Stop that Zyla. You know what I do and why I do it."

"Please come home Jerome. Please come back as soon as you're done. I need to know you're ok."

"I am. I always do, don't I ?"

"Yeah."

"Alright then."

"Well can Indy come over ?"

"Yeah. I ordered some pizza for y'all, it should be here in a few. "

I kissed his cheeks and walked him and his friends to the door.

They all told me bye.

"Hold up cuh, I left my keys." lip biting boy from earlier said. He jogged in and got his keys from the counter.

"Bye Zyla." he said.

"Bye..."

"Ca'Mari "

"Bye Ca'Mari"

He smiled back to me, showing his pearly whites, then left out the door.

____

•..•..•

____

"YASSSS BITCH!" Indy yelled from my room. She got here 5 minutes ago, ready to turn up.

"Girly the championship game is TOMORROW. Take your ass to bed."

She walked into the kitchen and sat on the island next to me.

"Why you killing my vibe for ,Zy? What it do to you?"

I just laughed at her.

King burst through the front door, scaring the hell out of me.

"Shit, King you scared the hell out of us." I said, trying to get my heart rate back down.

Indy was on the floor, covering her ears. dramatic .

"Sorry about that little sis, India."

"Hey King." she said, getting up from the floor.

He nodded back to her.

"Can I hold the car to go to the game tomorrow? " I asked.

"Yeah, don't scratch my shit up!"

"Yeah, Yeah."

"Yeah, Yeah my ass. " he replied, taking a slice of pizza from the box.

"Fine caramel looking ass. YASSSS." Indy whispered. I erupted in laughter.

I swear I love this girl.

___________________________

Zy in the MM ( Zy is Samoan and Black in the story)