Chapter 5

Author's Note:  Hi everyone ! I am sorry for the delayed upload of the chapters, as my work is keeping me dead busy. But I'll cover up for that with a longer chapter this time. Hope you all enjoy it ! Thanks !

Stella's Point of View :-

Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep....

I woke up to the beeping alarm clock kept on the table besides my bed. It was half past 7 and was time to wake up and get going with the day. I went to take a bath and got ready. After dressing up I went out of my room, towards the kitchen to make breakfast for Frank and me. I had planned on making the breakfast for him today, as I was willing to do anything to strike a conversation about yesterday's events with him, but on a good note. When I went in, at the end of the kitchen I saw Frank bent over the counter with his head down for some reason. He was all dressed up in his work clothes and making coffee, probably. He didn't notice my presence so I went ahead and tapped on his shoulder.

He turned around turned to face me, his eyes looked cold and tierd. Once he knew it was me his eyes soften just a bit. "You up ?" he asked rather spoke coldly, he sounded distant and his eyes looked tierd, as if he had not slept since long. He turned around to take out coffee mugs from the shelf.

"Yeah... Morning !" I replied. "You... you look tierd. Ar...are you okay ?" I asked concerned and afraid. I knew the reason partly, but I wasn't sure if that was the issue. I didn't know what to tell him because I was more worried about him, for some odd reason and I was afraid of he might say.

He turned to look at me, "Why do you think I am not okay ?" he asked with no emotions.

"I'm sorry?" I seemed to question myself which made me sound like a dummy. He stared at me as if he is going to say something, but my stomach started rambling.

He heard because his features softened a bit. "I guess you are hungry." he said trying to sound normal.

I nervously smiled at him, clearly embarrassed. "Yeah. Let me make the breakfast today." I said then moving away from him towards the fridge to take out bread and eggs. "I am going to make scrambled eggs. Is it fine with you ?" I asked looking at him. He was pouring the coffee into the mugs.

He nodded, "Yeah that's fine." He brought the coffee and gave it to me and then took his mug to the dining table and took a chair. I had planned to have a talk with him regarding yesterday but I had to put that to hold for a while as his cell phone buzzed. He picked up the call and walked away to his room to talk. I wondered who it must have been ?

After preparing the breakfast I laid it on the table and waited for him. He came in a hurry and took his chair and started eating silently. We ate in silence and I thought it was best that I don't bring the conversation up at that moment as he looked in a hurry. "Must have been a call from work." I thought to myself.

After the breakfast he thanked me and left for work. I too, went to my room to take my cellphone,  closed the house and went to the garage to take out the car and drove to office. Although I was thankful to him for giving me his car, but I had thought of buying my own car once I get a raise.

I walked into my cabin, and was greeted by Nancy, one of my co-worker's. She was a petite woman and wore glasses which looked bigger than her face. I wished her back and started on with work. Before arriving here, at home, I had received a text from Kate saying that she'd meet me after lunch, as she was supposed to get the articles from Merrick Library, located in the downtown. She was working on an important news article and the boss wanted her to get all the information regarding it. This week was going to be quite challenging, as the month end was approaching and we were to work really fast for the month's publication.