Chapter 4

Weeks passed by and since that day Stella and Frank didn't have a conversation on that topic. Although Stella wanted to but Frank told her to not get intervened into this, as it was quite a high profile case and since Stella was related, so her life could also be in danger. She didn't agree at first but Frank got her into believing that he was working on that case and assured her that he'll soon find out the entire truth.

Stella had looked for apartments to rent but Frank had got her into staying at his place as he wasn't sure about how safe would it be for her to stay on her own. She had joined back at work and luckily her boss was also not complaining anymore. Frank had given her his spare car to travel from her office and back. She was very grateful to him for all he was doing for her and they had come quite close and had developed a beautiful friendship with each other.

Stella had made a deal with him that since she was putting up at his place so the minimum she could do was cook and take care of the laundry. Frank although had a debate over it but Stella won in the end.

On the Sunday's they used to go out exploring new places and hanging out with friends. Stella learnt that Frank had not very many friends, but there was this guy, Daniel, who he was very close to. He was a nice tall man. He had his business and apparently he was to meet Frank and Stella at club Roxy at 7pm. It was a Sunday so they had decided to hangout. Stella had called up Kate too and asked her to join them there. Kate had been busy past weeks with her family all gathered at her place for holiday.

"Have you seen my grey shirt Stel ?" asked Frank from the adjacent room, getting ready for the club.

"Yeah. Wait up." said Stella pinning up her hair. She quickly finished with it and went out to the laundry room and took out the shirt from the shelf which Frank was asking for. She knocked on the door to Frank's room and walked in. Frank was putting on his watch. She was suddenly distracted by his heavenly smell. Her mind dazed out and she found herself staring at the smooth bit of skin on his jaw. Freshly shaven, it smelled great. She wanted to reach out and touch it but was scared of his reaction. He was looking absolutely breathtaking, wearing blue denims. His perfectly athletic body was to die for.

Stella gazed at him for long time. Frank noticed it and gave her a smirk. "Like what you see ?" he asked giving away his signature smirk.

Stella came out of her trance and smiled nervously at him. "Umm... Sorry !" she said clearly embarrassed. "Here. I had washed it today and after ironing it, had forgotten it at the laundry room only." she said handing him his shirt.

Frank took it. "Stel I told you not to bother washing my clothes." he said wearing his shirt. "You are just spoiling me. But thanks." he said smiling at her.

"Not an issue Frank." she said smiling back and then turned to walk out of his room to give him privacy to get ready. "Get ready soon. I'll just go and check if all the plugs are switched off." she said walking away.

They both reached the club at sharp 7pm and went inside. They took the table at the extreme end of the dance floor. The music was on full blast and people were getting all stacked up on the floor. Frank asked Stella whatever she wanted to have and then went to the bar to get them drinks. Kate and Daniel, both arrived at almost the same time and spotted Stella and walked towards her. Stella greeted them and they exchanged quick hugs. Frank walked in with a pitcher of beer and glasses. Daniel helped him with carrying it and then they all settled down, pouring the beer for each one of them.

They all sat and chatted. A random guy came to their table to ask Kate for a dance. With one last gulp of the beer in her mug, Kate got up and went him to the dance floor. After sometime a slow number played specially for the couples. Daniel asked Stella for a dance. Stella glanced at Frank and saw a slight flicker of disappointment cross his eyes. She smiled at Daniel and let him take escort her to the dance floor. She felt a bit bad for Franklin but pushed away that thought and danced to two three numbers with him. All the while Frank kept sitting at the table and sipping the beer. Few girls approached him but he made excuses and rejected their offer.

Stella and Daniel came back and sat down at the table across from each other. "Hey Frank. Why aren't you dancing tonight ?" Daniel asked him giving a concerned look. Stella looked at Frank for his response.

"I am just not in a mood to. I guess am enjoying havards more." he winked at them and gave away a side smile, taking a sip of his potion.

Kate had also returned back. They all talked and enjoyed the evening. Everytime Stella spoke, Daniel paid special attention to her. By the end of the evening it was quite evident to all that Daniel had developed feelings for Stella. Although he tried to hide it but knowing Daniel since a long time, Frank was able to guess it.

They all bid goodbyes to each other and left for their respective places. Throughout the way back home, Frank spoke very less, it was always Stella who initiated the conversation. It was evident by Frank's behavior that he was upset about something. Stella tried asking him but he didn't tell her and avoided the question by saying it was nothing and that he was just focusing on driving. Stella was although, not much pleased by his replies but thought to give up the issue for the time being. After that none spoke anything. Tension and awkwardness filled the air around them.

They reached home and Frank went straight into his room, biding her a goodnight before going. Stella was clearly upset by now. She went to her room and got changed into pyjamas and an oversized top. She went infront of his room and thought about knocking on his door and having a word but then she heard the running tap and thought he must be in the bathroom, taking shower for bed.

So she walked back to hers and climbed on the bed, put on the quilt and tried to sleep. This was the first time they had a sort of disagreement between them. Stella was upset about it all and tried to rethink about the events of the entire evening. She thought about the time before she went to dance with Daniel because it was only after that Frank's attitude changed and he became a bit serious and sad and his eyes had showed a bit of hurt or maybe disappointment. "But why did it bother him so much ? We clearly are not couples and are just good friends. Then why.....?" she thought out loud. "...if only he has started feeling something for me..." with that thought, her eyes widened and her stomach did a somersault.

She quickly discarded that thought away and thought to have a talk with Frank in the morning. She tried to sleep. Although with great difficulty, finally sleep overtook her.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys !!

Chapter 4 uploaded.... :)

I hope you all like it.

Keep reading !!

Thanks..

~Comment~ ~Vote~ ~Share~

K$