Chapter - 6

Frank's Point of View :-

I was dealing with a lot of mixed feelings at the moment. Over the weeks Stella had become quite close to my heart. So at present I was going through a lot of emotional turmoil, she had become a weakness to me. It pained me a lot to talk to her the way I just did. I guess its all the anguish of the past which I took out on her. That one moment of truth which had left me into the array of sadness forever. After that incident, I had developed a lot of trust issues and insecurities.

Flashback... (3 years back)

Pointed incisors glinted in the light, as I watched the beautiful blonde cross the door of my office and went to the office adjacent to mine. She was one of my co-worker's who had been handling the latest crime report which I too was working upon. She had been appointed recently and had got posted from Louisiana Central Headquarters. It had been just a day or two, she had joined. We haven't got a chance to interact so far. 

I heard a knock on my door, “Come in.” I said reading through the case files.

“Good Morning sir.” said a voice, which sounded too good to be real.

I looked up at the source of the voice and my heart picked up its pace. Standing at the door was that same beautiful blonde, who had been taking a major portion of my dreams past couple of days. Breaking my stare I straightened myself on the chair. “Good morning. Please have a seat.” I replied back, looking her in the eye. Those ocean blue orbs were to die for.

She walked over to the chair opposite mine and sat. "Thank you." she said smiling at me. The moment she smiled, my heart skipped a beat. "Sir, I am an Intelligence Analyst, Detective Victoria and I shall be assisting you with the Wiston serial murder case." she said extending her hand towards me. 

"Welcome to the team Victoria." I said shaking her hand. "I hope you have read the reports and are thorough with the search so far ?" I asked her leaning back on my chair.

"Yes sir. I have read all the reports and also I have visited the crime scene, the day before and have spoken to the eye witnesses. Sir, these are all the reports which I could find from the previous unsolved investigations, which I believe have some connection with this case." she said handing over the files to me.

We were working on a very high profile serial murder case. It had occurred in a hotel in north Boston and that hotel was one of the esteemed one's in that area. Although we had prime suspects but didn't have a strong proof to charge them. Victoria was a renounced Intelligence analyst in Louisiana state. Her incredible profile and her expert investigation techniques had her posted here to assist with this case. 

Over the few weeks of working together, we started developing a liking for each other. The serial murder case had also been solved and bought in lot of laurels for the entire department and the chief had been very happy with our efforts and had forwarded a citation for award for us. We were praised all over the state and there was a huge media attention. Me and Victoria had to travel to Washington as we were to be rewarded by the Defence Minister. We traveled a lot after that for various interviews and speeches. During that time I decided to confide my feelings to Victoria and after a few days on the Easters day I confessed to her. She was surprised and happy and immediately had said yes. 

I took her to meet my parents in France and we had spent a week's vacation there. Those were the most  memorable days of our relationship. After a few months she had got posted to San Antonio on a high profile case. The separation was killing both of us and we had decided to meet atleast once in a month.

I  too had been working on a crime scene and this got both of us busy. Sometimes I didn't used to get time to even call her, due to the clashing work timings. It went on for a few months...