One

*
Rayven Williams

I stood in the kitchen, washing the dishes when I heard Jabari's heavy footsteps enter the kitchen too

"I'm leaving. Make sure dinner is done by the time I get home, you hear me?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes."

"Good. Now get ova' here and gimme a kiss so I can go."

With a inaudible sigh, I turned around and made my way over to him. A frown made a way onto his face as he looked at me.

"The fuck is all this?" He pointed to my face.

"Makeup." I said in a duh tone.

"I told you about that shit, Rayven. You don't need to try to look good for nobody else but me, am I clear?" I looked away from him and didn't answer but he roughly gripped my jaw, turning my face back to his. "I asked you a question."

"You're hurting me."

"Am. I. Clear? I'm not gon' ask yo' stupid ass again."

"Yes." I let out as tears threatened to leave my eyes and he finally let my jaw go.

"Good. Now gimme a kiss."

Not wanting to piss him off even more, I pressed my lips against his. He pulled away, sent me a smirk and told me to stay my ass in the house before leaving.

I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes. I know y'all are thinking why would I put up with this but at this point, I have no choice.

He made me isolate myself from my family and friends so literally the only person I have is him. On the rare times he would take me out, I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone, especially not another guy.

Because if I did, there would be hell to pay when we got home.

I don't want to be here, I've been with Jabari for two years and all he's caused is pain and sadness to me. He constantly beats me down–verbally, mentally and physically.

Nothing I do is good enough for him, I try to be the best girlfriend I can be and love him but it's not enough and it never was.

And I know you guys are asking the biggest question of them all:

Why don't you just leave?

He locks me in the house...literally. there's a big ass lock on the front door that only he can open. Also, everyone in this town knows Jabari and they're all some little fuckers just like him that keep tabs on me at all times, per his request.

If I leave the yard for even a minute, someone is reporting back to him and he comes home ready to cuss me out and accuse me of doing something I shouldn't be.

After I finished cleaning the kitchen, I went to make sure the rest of the house was in good condition and I seen the lock that was usually locked on the door, wasn't.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I tugged on the door handle and to my surprise it opened.

Was this a joke? He never leaves this door unlocked.

But to be honest, I really wasn't thinking too much about that. This was probably my only chance to leave Jabari for good and I was taking it.

Putting on my shoes, I opened the door again and looked out. I didn't see him or any of the nosy ass neighbors in sight so I ran out and down the street as fast as I could. I made it just outside our neighborhood, by the woodsy part of the street that not alot of cars come down and I felt that I could relax alittle.

But then I heard a car.

Looking back, I seen Jabari's red truck speeding towards me and I started running again. My chest was still burning but I didn't even care, I needed to get away from him.

Soon, I didn't hear the car but I heard the door open and his heavy footsteps. They were getting closer but I kept running until I felt him snatch me back my hair.

I went to scream but he covered my mouth.

"Shut the fuck up." He dragged me back to where his truck was parked because it was blocking off the vision of any cars coming or going and turned me to face him and sent a hard slap to my face making me fall.

I started trying to crawl away but he caught my legs and turned me on my back getting on top of me, slapping me again. So hard, I felt blood start to trickle from my nose.

"Let me go!" I cried but he wrapped his large hands around my neck, squeezing.

"You really thought you were leaving me, bitch? I told you you're mine. You not going no fuckin' where. You wonder why I'm always so pissed off and this is why! You don't fuckin' listen. You make me do this shit." His grip on my neck got tighter to where I couldn't catch my breath.

I started clawing at his wrists so he would let me go but his grip only got tighter. Whatever he was saying to me was becoming harder and harder to hear as I felt myself starting to black out.

Flashbacks of my life rolled in my brain as my vision got blurry. The air was no longer being supplied to my lungs and my body was fighting so hard to keep me awake but unfortunately....

It lost.

__________________________________________

This was honestly the saddest thing I've ever wrote so far😔😩 But it's real life, unfortunately. I realized I need to tap into my more real, sad side to give my writing more depth and this was a start.

The beginning of this book will be sad but it will brighten up. Jabari in the media.

Thankyou for reading.❤