Sick & Ti'ed

*
Rayven Williams-Logan

What's worse than one kid being sick?

Oh, I know; All of your kids AND your husband being sick.

AT THE SAME DAMN TIME.

Let me give y'all a rundown of this house right now: Victoria got the flu and strep throat so she's basically confined to her room, Nalani had a 24 hour stomach bug, got over it, and now has caught the sniffles and a cough from Christopher who also has a sore throat and runny nose. Kalysse has a sore throat and cough also and Dominique...Where do I begin?

This man, who claims to never get sick, is laying in the bed like he's dying when he just has a cold. And I know having a cold sucks but this nigga acts as if he's on his death bed. I told him to stop walking around with his shirt off when it's 50° outside but he didn't listen.

So my life for the past week, has been tending to my sick kids and husband. Fun, right?

Knocking on Victoria's door, I heard her mumble a 'come in' so I opened it. Her room was dark besides the glow from her tv. She's been watching A Different World all weekend.

"Hi mama."

"Hey ladybug, how you feeling?"

"Better than yesterday. My throat is starting to feel better." The doctor prescribed her antibiotics to take twice a day for five days since her strep throat was so bad.

"That's good. I made you more tea." I handed her the mug and she sat up some, sniffling.

"Thankyou." She took a small sip. "Is everyone else okay?"

"Your dad is still being dramatic." I rolled my eyes making her laugh some. "But I'm about to go check on Nana, Chris and Kay Kay right now."

"Okay."

"Just call if you need something, okay?" She nodded and I kissed her forehead before leaving and going to Chris's room. He was watching cartoons.

"Hey pooh, what you watching?" I asked.

"The Loud House." He responded, coughing afterwards.

"Oh okay. Are you ready to take your medicine?"

He groaned and threw his head back. "But it's nasty, mama!"

"But it'll help you feel better, sweetie. I know it's nasty but I need you to take it please."

He sighed, "Okay, hold on." He grabbed his Ninja Turtles cup with juice in it and held it. "I'm ready."

Pouring his needed dosage into the little plastic cup, I handed it to him. He hesitated for a few seconds before just swallowing it all in one go like I told him, making a disgusted face afterwards and downing his juice.

I laughed, "Good job."

"Can you stay and watch tv with me?"

"I have to check on Nana, Kay Kay and your dad first but I'll come back when I'm done, okay?"

He nodded, "Okay, tell them I love them."

My heart😩

"I will, baby."

I went next door to Nalani and Kalysse's room to see them laying down, watching Princess and The Frog together.

"Princess and The Frog again, girls?"

"Kay Kay wanted to watch it so I let her because she didn't feel good."

"That's very sweet of you, Lani." I smiled. "Do you guys need anything?"