Teen Love, Best Friends, and Jealous Boyfriends -2-

I thought we were going to my car to talk, but he had other plans. Instead, we went to a firey-red mustang. I had to admit it was a really nice car. It had to be his!

"Get in, " he said.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we started to drive down the road.

"There's a lake up here, and I thought it'd be fun to sit and talk on the picnik table. "

"Alright, " I said. I reached in my pocket for my pack, and realized they were still in Lex's purse.

"Hey, " I asked, "Do you have a cig?"

He reached in his door, pulled two out, lighted both and handed one to me.

"Thanks," I muttered.

We got to the lake about a minute later, and sat on the picnic table. It was nice and cool by the lake, not cold though. It felt good.

"So, " I asked, "How do you know Shay?"

"I live right next door to him, well, kind of."

"Oh cool! Then your, like, walking distance from my house, " I told him.

"Hmm, I didn't know you lived that close!" he said.

We sat there for a good thirty minutes, not talking or anything.

"Shay talks about you a lot," he told me. His voice sounded far away, like he was thinking about something else while he spoke.

"Well," I stated, "We are best friends. We have been for years!"

"Yeah, but I feel like it's something else. Have you guys ever had a thing?"

I laughed.

"Oh, no, no, no! We're friends and nothing more. That is all we'll ever be!" I couldn't believe he had just asked that.

"Oh, okay. I was just wondering. He just talks about you like he has the rights to you, or something. He has called you his Kai before."

"Oh God, really? That is super embarrassing. He and I are going to have a little talk tomorrow morning." I winked at Josh.

He laughed.

"So, what kind of music do you like," I asked him. It seemed like a harmless question.

"Just about anything, but especially Smash mouth and Avenged Sevenfold."

"Ohmigawsh," I said, "I looove Smash mouth! My favorite bands and such are Smash mouth, KoRn, and Adam Lambert."

He gave me a funny look. "Adam Lambert's gay!"

"And I care why? His music is really good, and anyways, I'm bi. It doesn't really matter to me whose gay and whose not."

"That's hott," he stated, monotone.

Ugh, I thought, he's gonna start drooling. Oh shit! Shay's gonna pick me up in the morning for school. What time is it?

I looked at my cell. It was already 11:30, and I had a new text from Lexie.

'Hey, I gotta get home. Come back or I'm taking your cigs!' It read.

"Hey, Josh. We gotta go back; I have school and my bestie is threatening to steal my cigs that I left in her purse."

"Alright," he said, "Wait. How old are you?"

"I am 17 right now. And you?"

"I just turned 20."

When I got into the car I turned to him.

"Do you live in the apartments next to Shay?"

"Yep, just moved out of my parent's house."

"Cool." We were silent for the rest of the drive back.

When we got back, Lex was waiting for me. She tossed my cigs into my open window and started towards her car.

"See you tomorrow, Kai!" she yelled over her shoulder.

"Bye, Lex!" I yelled back.

I turned around to say good-bye to Josh.

"Hey," I said to him, "If it's alright, I was wondering if I could crash at your place tomorrow night. My mom's boyfriend is spending the night."

"Alright," he said in return, "just come by after you get out of school. When is that, like 3?"

"Uhm, yeah, about. I'll have to run home first though, so it'll be around 3:30."

"Cool."

I turned around to get in my car when his hand stopped my shoulder. I turned to face him expecting him to say something else, but what he did do surprised me. I tilted my face to see his and he put his lips square on mine.

HE KISSED ME!!

As soon as our lips unlocked, he smiled at me and walked away quickly.