Teen Love, Best Friends, and Jealous Boyfriends -4-

It was 8:03. I looked around me nervously, searching for a familiar face. I saw no one I knew, and it was worrying me. I didn't have many close friends, but I did have a lot of acquaintances. As soon as I saw Josh coming back with our beers I breathed a sigh of relief. No one had talked to me while he was gone. He came up, handed me my beer, and slide his hand around my waist. He was a good 4 inches taller than me, but it wasn't hard for him to do.

"Hey, anybody talk to you," he asked.

"Nope," I said, as thought to myself, "Are we dating or what? This is kinda weird."

"Well okay. Drink up," he said excitedly, "there is PLENTY more where that came from."

"Okay, thanks!" As soon as I got done speaking a group of girls that looked about my age came over and basically stole Josh from me.

"Oh, you're so cute Josh!"gushed blonde girl 1.

"Come hang out with us," the red head, whose hair was obviously dyed, said.

He looked back at me apologetically when blonde girl 2 started to pull him away.

"Can Kai come too?" he asked.

They looked back at me and gave me dirty looks. They sneered but said: "Sure."

I started to beside Josh, but one of the blonde girls pushed me back and gave me a dirty look that said "Back off, Bitch!" I dropped back and walked behind them, disgusted at how these girls acted.

Red-Head was now flirtatiously grabbing his left arm while gushing at how hot he was and how he deserved the best. One of the Blondes, who look like twins may I add, was on his right side practically dragging him in an effort to get him to go faster. I couldn't help but feel a little bit jealous, but he wasn't doing anything to stop them so I decided to ditch. I mean, he was flirting back!

"Whatever," I thought to myself. "I don't need this."

I called Shay on my Palm to see if he'd come and get me. I was fed up with this loser who thought he was a playa.

"Hey, Shay?" I spoke into my Palm when he answered.

"Yeah, Kai?"

"Can you come to that patch of woods behind the golf course and pick me up? Josh kinda ditched me."

"Sure, but if your not there waiting for me I'm leaving." He actually sounded angry.

"Alright, I promise I'll be there."

I practically sprinted to a spot in front of the woods and sat down. I did NOT want Josh to find me and bring me back to that party. It was lame, he was lame, and I just wanted to be with Shay and go to the Spot. I spotted Shay's car coming down the road and jogged to meet it.

I hopped in the car while it was still slightly moving and Shay sped out of there.

"Oh, God, Shay! Thank you soooo much! I owe you one."

He smiled at me; "Anything for my Kai!"

"Aww, Shay! I love you!"

Okay, that last part didn't really happen, but I really wish it would have. He was my best friend, but I loved him. Not even a strange guy would make him jealous, though, which obviously meant I wasn't exactly interesting to him, well, like that. This is what really happened:

"School's out next week, WOOT! What are we doing to celebrate, my Shay?" I said energetically, hiding my fluttering heart. He called me HIS KAI.

"Going to the Spot tonight, right? I mean, that's where I'm taking us. And then next weekend we'll scope out the best parties," he added a wink onto the end.

"Awesome, is Lex there waiting for us?"

"You bet! So, is Josh history or what?"

"You know it, I don't deal with playas."

"I'll keep that in mind," he muttered to himself while he turned the radio up. It was Tik Tok by Kesha, and I started to sing along. I smiled as I thought to myself, "What does this mean? His Kai? He's going to remember I don't like players? Does he like me?" I looked over and smiled. I really wanted to just lean over and kiss him, but I decided to wait and talk to Lex tonight while at her house. Okay, I hadn't really asked her, but her house was so big and her parents never minded when she had friends over.

As we got to the Spot and got out, we saw the fight begin. It started as a few punches, but soon escalated. Shay ran over with a few of his guy friends while I found Lexie and asked what had happened, seeing as she was crying. As she started to explain, I was stunned and started to cry and hold her.