Chapter 23~Crowed, Claims and Chambers

I don't own Harry, or Ron, or Ginny, or Hermione, or Fred, or George, or Lee, or Dumbledore... but I do own Anna and Izzy

Chapter 23~Crowed, Claims and Chambers

"The attacker has been removed from the school!"  Lockhart exclaimed during class.

I raised my hand and he called on me.  "Do you really think Hagrid's the Heir of Slytherin?  He wouldn't hurt a fly!"

"But why would the minister send him to Azkaban without being 100% sure he was guilty?"  He countered.

"Why hasn't the ministry done anything until now?  These attacks have been going on since October if you count Mrs. Noris, November if you don't."  I questioned before continuing.  "Hagrid is a sweet man who has befriended Anna and Hermione.  He would never harm a first year, or anyone for that matter!"

"Miss Thompson, I'm sure you will learn soon enough that people are not always as they seem."

The Common Room was always crowded now.  I spent most of nights for the next few weeks playing games with Ginny, Fred, George, Lee, Angelina, Harry and Ron.  Exams were scheduled to go on still, so I spent studying for all my finals.  Ron's wand was still broken so I also tried to help him fix it.

One morning at breakfast though, my life seemed to be making a turn for the better.  "I have great news."  Professor McGonagall said.  "Professor Sprout has informed me that the Mandrakes are ready for cutting at last.  Tonight we will be able to revive those people who have been Petrified.  I need hardly remind you all that one of them may be able to tell us who, or what, attacked them.  I am hopeful that this dreadful year will end with our caching the culprit."

I had a huge grin on my face, George and Fred each had identical looks to mine.  I had to stop myself from jumping up and down.  Instead I hugged the two of them and let out a happy cry.  We were going to get Anna back.

"I wonder how Anna will react to us?"  I asked Fred while we sat in Herbology with George.

"Oh, she'll probably squeal, and then threaten me.  You know, normal Anna."  Fred answered.

"That is if she isn’t kissing Georgeie boy."  I snickered.

"True."  Fred laughed.

"She's gonna freak when she hears we still have exams."  George said.

"Yeah, she missed half of the year."

"She probably won't have to do it anyway."

"She's the favorite of all the teachers aside from Snape."

"It's Snape, what else would you expect."

I looked at my watch, it was 12:30.  "Hey, doesn't this class end at 12?"

"Yeah, just like it normally does."

"It's 12:30."

"Wha-"  Fred was cut off by Professor McGonagall's voice on the loud speaker.

"All students to report to their House dormitories at once.  All teachers return to the staff room.  Immediately, please."

We all rushed out towards the Common Room.  I clutched to Fred's hand the entire way, scared to lose his touch right now.