Chapter 1

-Eliza's POV-

I hear glass shatter, and I run downstairs, scared of what had happend. Entering the kitchen, I witness my mother's face, looking like a worried child after breaking a decoration. Shards from a Heineken beer bottle scatter all over the wooden floor, tiny delicate pieces of glass sprinkled over the mess.

"What happend? Are you drinking again in the morning? Mother! It's only 8:15" I shriek, staring at the confused, grown toddler in front of me me.

"I-I...I don't--no. Uh that was from last night and I accidentally knocked it down this morning as I was grabbing my-uh-oatmeal!" Hesitance was obvious in her voice.

I inhale and sigh deeply, n0 longer depending on the thought of my mother being clean of alcohol once again.

I settled my bike at the bike rack, frantic. Carelessly I ran, my mind only wanting to get to class. Without notice, my left foot landed into a deep puddle, evidence from last night's 6 hour rainfall.

"Shit!" I hissed at the puddle. Why does this always happen to me? As I looked ahead I saw that there was plenty more on the way. The only way I could get there in time was to run and get my feet soaked. Each step my foot made a squish sound, results of water in my shoes.

I entered the classroom, my old, worn out, black Vans squeaking on the the shiny, tiled floor, catching my classmates attention.

"Ah, Miss Myles. Late again, I see." My home room teacher Mrs. Dallas sneered. She was an ugly woman to be honest. She was old though, too many wrinkles to count. Her grey hair always tied into a neat bun decorated with white strands. She had petite glasses that rested on her large, crooked nose which connected to silver chains around her long, bulky neck. She was quite mean too. We all hated her. I sulked my head in embarrassment and walked to my empty desk.

When taking out my pencil case and binder I could feel Jeremy Watson's eyes burn into the back of my head. I tried to look natural by turning around to "look at the clock" but really, I was sneaking a peek at Jeremy, who sat right behind me. And sure enough, he was staring, but quickly looked away. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and tried to ignore him.

I mean Jeremy was cute and all. He has messy brown hair and hazel-green eyes. But he won't leave me alone.

If he keeps this up, he might just find out. Which cannot happen.